The LinkMeter Snapshot and YOU

Want to be more specific? The device I had tested making the graph bigger still had its usercss formatting intact. I also just updated it again and it survives the upgrade process as well. If you mean it got wiped out by the upgrade, make sure you're upgrading through the webui with "Keep settings" checked and not pulling the SD card and re-flashing it (which resets your config as well).

I think it is a browser cache issue on my end. The custom css was not showing the header background image.
css
#content {
/* Permalink - use to edit and share this gradient: http://colorzilla.com/gradient-edito...+89,990000+100 */
background: rgb(5,0,0); /* Old browsers */
background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(5,0,0,1) 34%, rgba(0,17,74,1) 86%, rgba(5,1,2,1) 93%, rgba(5,1,2,1) 93%, rgba(153,0,0,1) 100%); /* FF3.6-15 */
background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(5,0,0,1) 34%,rgba(0,17,74,1) 86%,rgba(5,1,2,1) 93%,rgba(5,1,2,1) 93%,rgba(153,0,0,1) 100%); /* Chrome10-25,Safari5.1-6 */
background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(5,0,0,1) 34%,rgba(0,17,74,1) 86%,rgba(5,1,2,1) 93%,rgba(5,1,2,1) 93%,rgba(153,0,0,1) 100%); /* W3C, IE10+, FF16+, Chrome26+, Opera12+, Safari7+ */
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#050000', endColorstr='#990000',GradientType=0 ); /* IE6-9 */; border: 5px solid #7C7C7C;}

#backimage { background: #000 url('http://i.imgur.com/MW3znzk.jpg'); }
#backoverlay { background: inherit;background-size: 50% 100% }
#probelist { background: solid; }
.pname { color: #ff0; font-size: 24pt; line-height: 16pt; display: inline-block; text-shadow:2px 2px 4px #000000 ; }
#fanl { color: #ff0; }
#fanc { #fe4 ; opacity: 0.6; }
#fancontainer { background: solid; }
#navcontainer ul { padding: 0; }
#navcontainer li { width: 150px; padding-right: 15px; }
#navcontainer li a { display: inline-block; width: 125px; }
#temp0 { text-shadow: none !important; }
#temp1 { text-shadow: none !important; }
#temp2 { text-shadow: none !important; }
#temp3 { text-shadow: none !important; }

LEDE additional changes to the base UI and System
There used to be a tab for configuring uhttpd that is no longer in the UI on mine, LEDE probably removed it, I used it to add additional ports in uhttpd, manual changes can be applied in /etc/config/uhttpd added;
list listen_http '0.0.0.0:8787'
list listen_http '[::]:8787'
This change allows a split horizon DNS so on my wifi hm.cdirect.com is 10.255.254.95 and on the outside it is 162.219.194.253 which is a web server running on port 80 already this facilitates a port forward of 8787 from the internet side to the HM on 8787 so I dont have dual sets of URLs and pitdroid works inside or outside.....

I had started to integrate the web UI into a frame for cook notes etc., this required removal of some security settings to allow LEDE in a frame on a different domain, that is no longer needed.

I can see your frustration in dealing with LEDE/OpenWrt changes.

The usercss is inserted inline into the Home page, which isn't supposed to be cached (although cache control really is just a suggestion to browsers these days). It probably had something to do with the backimage url not loading. Perhaps because http? Not sure if https would even work due to mixed content rules.

I'll look into the luci-app-uhttpd. It should be there but there was a bit of a snafu with changes to the luci base/admin-full package which was deselecting some other packages, it probably just got turned off in the build by mistake. Thanks for reporting that.

I'll look into the luci-app-uhttpd. It should be there but there was a bit of a snafu with changes to the luci base/admin-full package which was deselecting some other packages, it probably just got turned off in the build by mistake.
Nope, luci-app-uhttpd is still there and present on both my systems (bcm2708 and bcm2709 targets). Perhaps you have simply forgotten where it is? Services -> uHTTPd

Unfortunately not....
Screenshot%20from%202018-12-02%2014-23-01.png

Snapshot I posted on Friday is: LEDE Reboot SNAPSHOT r5264-94491a1571 / LuCI Master (git-17.293.52428-5e28002)

I'm not sure but I think that looks like the v14 release you've got?

LEDE Reboot SNAPSHOT r5264-94491a1571 / LuCI Master (git-17.293.52428-5e28002)
Has the Services > uhttpd but does need the security settings to include the HM interface in a frame or an iframe on another domain.......

Good to go........ if I could keep my pit probe (thermocoupler) from pulling out of the male connector.

Jerry

Posted a minor snapshot update last night which adds the ability to click the "Output %" bar to toggle the PID internals display (in addition to the existing "P" keyboard binding). Note that you must be:
  • Logged in to enable it
  • Have a pit probe installed
  • NOT be using Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge web browsers, as the data relies on streaming updates and not polled updates you get from those browsers.

cannot see my devices in MS Edge after I performed an update to the latest snapshot this morning. I see another line with another name there that was not there before. for security reasons I not going to say what it is. All I get now for my connections is error. In the past I have been able to get past this issue, but this time I cannot. Any ideas out there beside updating to Chrome which I will not do.

You should probably create a separate thread as this thread is really just to be a running update about the snapshot's new features and fixes and questions directly related to those features. If you need to continue the conversation further, please create a new thread to discuss your issue.

I'm not sure if you're saying you've got your device listed in http://heatermeter.com/devices/ or if you think you're seeing someone else's device? If there is a device listed on that page with a recent "Last seen" time that is your device (unless you're behind some sort of weird proxy and there's another HeaterMeter somewhere behind the same proxy). The IP address of the wireless adapter is where you want to go to connect to it. Edge has never been able to test the connection automatically (although IE can). You might also check and make sure you don't have a "heatermeter" wifi network that has appeared now, which would indicate the wireless network settings are back to default. You can also watch the LCD display on bootup and after ~30 seconds it should show the IP address in a message displayed on the screen. If you have network discovery turned on, you can also just look in Explorer on the "Network".

Also, I'm not sure if you've heard, but MS Edge has ceased development on the Edge core and is going to be replacing its internals with... Chrome. Not that that is relevant in this case though, because any web browser should be able to connect to the HeaterMeter.

finally got things going. Went back to my early December update and verified I could go through Edge and configure using my ethernet cable. I went and downloaded the snapshot again this morning and tried it again. No way I could get into the interface using my ethernet cable using the Edge link. So I went ahead and got into the interface through my router. Once there, I was able to restore my wifi settings and got up and running. A couple of things I need to add. When I tried using IE, Edge, and even Firefox, my link into the configuration interface either did not show or with Edge only showed an error. This was with the ethernet cable connected. From there got my wifi setup and then all my browsers would connect through the heatermeter link. When I had these issues, in Edge I could see the wifi and ethernet ip`s and one from your end. The heatemeter ip`s showed errors while yours did not. I still could not connect to yours. The other issue I ran into was after transferring the image to the card, I did a verify and got an error at location 8192. Have not had that prior. That was with yesterdays and today snapshot downloads.

I've never tried the verify in Win32DiskImager and it looks like it doesn't work for me for all the different firmwares despite the image flashing fine. Stable14-bcm2708 works, Stable14-bcm2709 does not. The img from the ZIP archive doesn't verify, but the preconfigured image does. I can't find any logical set of things (platform, wifi config, snapshot vs release) that do verify properly vs what doesn't.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you're talking about connecting to my IP address. The only devices you'll see on the devices page are devices on your network that have Internet access to be able to register with the Internet database. I'm not sure why you'd be unable to connect from your computer to the webui either while connecting from your router worked? Your router has a web browser on it? Or you SSHed in from your router? I'm glad you got it working but I'm not sure what the issue was. Also remember that if you flash firmware using Win32DiskImager, it always will reset your network configuration as well (and optionally reconfigure it if you downloaded one of the pre-configured images with your wifi settings).

New snapshot available
  • Can now click on the PID output bar on the home page to toggle reporting/display of the PID internals, this is in addition to the 'P' keybinding.
  • CSV files exported from the home page and archive page now have a header line to indicate what the fields are

Brian, went ahead and updated to new snapshot. Unit says it updated correctly, but the screen went blank and never came back when power was cycled. I took HM apart and checked the sd card and that looked good. Even formatted and reflashed with same results No HM. Tested the PI and it worked fine. Went ahead and removed the 328 chip andi got some led to light up, but nothing else. Anyway to test the 328 chip or do you think it is fried.

• So you downloaded the latest firmware image and flashed it and now it doesn't boot?
  • What's the lights on the Pi do when you power it up?
  • Are you sure you got the latest snapshot and not the previous release (which doesn't boot on Pi Zero, 3B+, 3A+), and also the correct target for your board?
  • Which target do have so I can run some more test updates?

I don't think the atmega has fried unless it was one heck of a coincidence. There's also nothing changed in the AVR firmware since the previous snapshot so the HeaterMeter itself should still be functional when separated from the Pi.

Brian,
I am back up and running. How I originally tried to update was from the download page. I selected the snapshot and made sure it was for my Pi and HM combo. I next went down and setup the wifi connect area and them got my download. It was and image that also had as part of the name my router id. I then went into the linkmeter and went to download/update section. I selected to first box and found the file on my PC. I started the flash and it said it was working and then said HM was restarting. That never happened so that's when I powered down and up again and nothing happened. I then took everything apart and removed flash. Formatted and transferred January image and then tried to start up again. Nothing. So then I remove the 328 chip and powered up and got the yellow, green led, no display and max fan which should be default. no servo though. So I had some things todo and came back later where I downloaded the zipped image and started over. Format and image file transfer with latest snapshot. Powered up HM and nothing. But this time I thought maybe it needs to be turned on. I pressed the left pushbutton till the display lit up and booted. re-configured the wifi and everything is good to go. So now everything is good and it`s time for March Madness and you know what that means. The Zags want revenge.
Thanks for getting back on this. I am not sure what happened. Hope this feedback helps

Huh, that is definitely very strange. Thanks for posting your exact steps though, I'm going to do some tests today with downloading the image and uploading it through the webui (I always just use the "From URL" option on the update page) and seeing if I can reproduce it and track it down.

I put a new AVR Firmware snapshot up this morning. I did a pretty big refactor on the internals of the device Menu system and moved a lot of stuff into the classes where they belong. It started as just me adding the ability to have more than one dynamically updating display in the HeaterMeter devices menus, which was the probes / output home display we all know. As I started to implement it I realized it was a bit of a mess so what could have been done in an evening stretched into breaking the existing code, then procrastinating for a month because the code was so broken that I didn't want to deal with it. In addition to adding more functionality, a few bugs were found and squashed, and it should be easier to extend now. The downside is that a ton of code got moved around or rewritten so there's a chance I have broken something in the LCD display / buttons / menu system. I've tested everything I can think of and it all seems to work the same as it did before the changes, but I have not bundled this into the Pi firmware image just yet. I'll wait to hear if anything is broken for a while.

This does add a new troubleshooting feature to the HeaterMeter device itself, the Internal Diagnostics Display. Full information is in the documentation, but to enter the hidden menu, go to the "Manual fan mode Yes/No" menu on the device and hold the left button until the display switches to the diagnostics info for Probe0. Here you'll find the raw ADC readings, probe type, bandgap information, noise values, measured blower output voltage, and button readings.

I've also fixed the bug where when unplugging a thermocouple that's at a temperature less than ~430F, it would publish one erroneous reading around 430F before actually returning to OFF.

To install the latest AVR Firmware, just go to LinkMeter -> AVR Firmware in the webui. Select "From Online Repository" and select the most recent snapshot which is 20190327B.

Back