The joy of freezing Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rita Y:
Costco sells them too and you usually get extras like canisters with them that you might not get from Amazon. You might know someone who belongs to Costco who could get one for you.

Rita <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Yup, I just got one from Costco, a 1060 for about $100 US with baggies, cannisters. Did 6 small whole chickens and 4 butts this weekend. Portioned, packed, froze. Loving it!

I don't think it's necessary to reheat properly handled previously cooked meat to 160F. If it's bad, it's bad and cooking it isn't going to help. I have thawed and eaten lots of pulled pork/beef for sandwiches without reheating.

To properly handle it, keep it above 140F until you pull it. Then get it in the fridge or freezer ASAP. Don't wait for it to reach room temp first.

I grew up in a house where cooked meat sat on the counter, usually overnight. Turkey would sit on the counter for a few DAYS then it would get turned into soup and sit on the counter a few more days ...
yuck.gif
... but we never <seldom?> got sick from it ...

Having said all that, I try to get leftovers in the fridge/freezerwithout too much delay. It may have cooled to room temp but I certainly won't leave it out overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back