The Irony of It All

I got my Jumbo Joe used and it came with a Weber table, which was all I was buying it for, to use with my CGA. I wasn’t really interested in the JJ. It had a couple dings, small rust spots etc. It cleaned up nicely so I tried it out. It has proven itself worthy. I‘ve been using it as much as my Performer lately.
Hopefully you’ll be able to use yours again soon.
DD049AAA-77CC-4FA4-A1D8-E0C21094E294.jpeg

Last edited:
Three years ago we have a 20K acre cattle ranch right next to use that a wildfire stared on and burned 10K acres . Barb and I went to the end of our street and watched 10+ homes go up in flames less than a 1/4 of mile from us and nothing but bone dry grass between us and them. Really scary!
Editing to commiserate. It's difficult to appreciate how scary it is unless you are so completely defenseless.

BTW, I love your tag line about saving one dog changes their world. We have adopted more than one rescue, but our current dog has really shown the truth of your statement. We actually bought a full blood Affenpinscher (our third), but unknown to us, he has severe anxiety issues and has been a real challenge since we brought him home in Feb and feels more like a rescue. What a transition from then to now! While he still has fear issues, he is now a clearly a happy dog and his favorite feat is to jump into my lap wherever I'm sitting. Seeing the progress has been incredibly gratifying. We will never know what happened to him to cause this (now why we weren't warned), but he returns every bit of the love he receives. (My avatar shows his near look-alike predecessor -- the one with black hair.)

Editing to commiserate. It's difficult to appreciate how scary it is unless you are so completely defenseless.

BTW, I love your tag line about saving one dog changes their world. We have adopted more than one rescue, but our current dog has really shown the truth of your statement. We actually bought a full blood Affenpinscher (our third), but unknown to us, he has severe anxiety issues and has been a real challenge since we brought him home in Feb and feels more like a rescue. What a transition from then to now! While he still has fear issues, he is now a clearly a happy dog and his favorite feat is to jump into my lap wherever I'm sitting. Seeing the progress has been incredibly gratifying. We will never know what happened to him to cause this (now why we weren't warned), but he returns every bit of the love he receives. (My avatar shows his near look-alike predecessor -- the one with black hair.)
Rich, Barb and I have rescued a whole heard of pups and fostered others. As you, my Avatar is our latest rescue, Whitney, was running wild on the Navajo Indian reservation in New Mexico. A golden retriever/ husky/coyote mix. She was a basket case when we first fostered her than adopted her. She now is the sweetest dog, loves everybody and is a perfect lady around other dogs
But if it purrs game on!

Last edited:
Rich, Barb and I have rescued a whole heard of pups and fostered others. As you, my Avatar is our latest rescue, Whitney, was running wild on the Navajo Indian reservation in New Mexico. A golden retriever/ husky/coyote mix. She was a basket case when we first fostered her than adopted her. She now is the sweetest dog, loves everybody and is a perfect lady around other dogs
But if it purrs game on!
Coyote mixes? Thats crazy.o_O

Coyote mixes? Thats crazy.o_O
Yeah, I agree. But with coyotes all over, it's bound to happen -- probably a lot. I think many may assume that coyotes are part of the West, but they proliferate amazingly all over the eastern seaboard and probably all parts betweeen.

Hope this does hijack your thread, Rich.

Feel for you folks every year in CA. what with the fires and such. I'm in the wettest state in the US, La. We are even in the dry time with Summer coming on full blast.

Back