The First Weber 1000 Christmas Edition Collectors Set

I think you need to put ribbons, bows and some lights on them! :coolkettle:

Two very beautiful REAL Webers almost ready! I will be interested to hear how selling this time of year goes for you. We are all pulling for your success.

Thanks....I scored another parts grill today that will give me more than enough parts to finish these two ole gals.....plus I have parts arriving in the mail.......I dont like the tiny knobs on the old 1000's so I use the black knobs.....they sort of give the grill a modern edge .............The reason I scored the parts grill was because I could see it had RCPLANEBUYER grates on it.......I believe the grates sell for $175 and I got the entire grill for $30 :) That said ....given the illness.....Weberitis........I have already started restoring the dang parts grill.......it never ends!!!!!

I can't remember what I paid him (rcplanebuyer) for grates but however much they were they were totally worth every penny. I have not cleaned them more than using a Char-Gon on them, so I don't know if "used" ones will shine up but I can tell you that you could use them as ramps to do an oil change on your car, and the only bad thing I can anticipate is that they might damage your tires. Those things are incredible!

YA thanks TH.........About a year a go I snagged a freebie old school....I think it was a Genesis Gold......anyway it was during my not being selective enough era.....I was picking up rusted junk and didnt know what to do with it. Well as I wheeled it to my trailer I did as we all do.....I stopped and looked under the hood. What did I see? RCPLANEBUYER SS GRATES!!!!!!! These dang grates were as thick as hot dogs....I had never seen anything like them before but I immediately knew that the old cast irons were coming off of my keeper grill and these RC's were going on........You are 100% correct....they are bullet proof and so easy to maintain. So when I saw those hot dog thick grates in the ad for this flipper I just picked up......I didnt care about the rest of the grill.........I was laser focused on owning another set of the RC's.......IM RICH!!!!!! And yes they clean up like brand new

Sure.....its just a wire wheel on a grinder and about 10 min of your time. I will clean the set i just scored and send before after pics

Back