The Clean 15 and Dirty dozen you should know for shopping.

And this is why, I think, cancer is so prevalent now. Used to be fairly rare, now it seems almost everyone will have some form.

It’s all about what we’re putting in our bodies. I’m guilty too, I see my beloved bell and hot peppers on the dirty list.

And this is why, I think, cancer is so prevalent now. Used to be fairly rare, now it seems almost everyone will have some form.

It’s all about what we’re putting in our bodies. I’m guilty too, I see my beloved bell and hot peppers on the dirty list.
The peppers surprised me.

Maybe I missed it. But, I did not see if they washed the produce first. I always wash my produce. Mostly because of a REALLY nasty case of food poisoning from of all things..............avocados. Put me in hospital. Anyway I wash everything in a few drops of Dawn liquid and 50/50 water/white vinegar, mixed in a large bowl, wash well and multiple rinses.
The amount of filth that comes off is incredible

I’ve thought about using light soap but figured it would transfer taste.

I rinse under water, scrub with my thumb and go.

DID YOU KNOW?
At least 20 farm workers, shipping personnel, shelf stockers, and potential customers have usually handled your produce before you even take a bite.

Looks like anything with a skin or rind that you don’t normally eat is ok.

Potatoes are a vegetable so I’m all set

Looks like anything with a skin or rind that you don’t normally eat is ok.

Potatoes are a vegetable so I’m all set
You don't eat the outside of an avocado but I got deathly ill from one. Everything gets washed. And no there is no taste transfer (providing you rinse well). Obviously if you leave the soap and vinegar solution on you WILL taste it......................yukko

Maybe I missed it. But, I did not see if they washed the produce first. I always wash my produce. Mostly because of a REALLY nasty case of food poisoning from of all things..............avocados. Put me in hospital. Anyway I wash everything in a few drops of Dawn liquid and 50/50 water/white vinegar, mixed in a large bowl, wash well and multiple rinses.
The amount of filth that comes off is incredible
That same mixture does a good job of killing weeds too.

Back