The CB on my WSM grew Antlers

Khanh Hoang

TVWBB Fan
well, an antler.. my other hobbies is knife making and there is also some pieces that are odd shaped or too short. Was lucking in scoring a used CB on ebay for $22 shipped, problem was the CB was for newer WSM and mine was an older one.. no big deal, I used a lamp mod to secure the hole and made a antler knob and mod. The nice thing about knife making, is I already had the tools to shape the lock so everything was hand fitted to be snug...

Last edited:
Thanks Guys for the kind words, was planning on having family over for a New Years Eve BBQ but found out everyone wants to go to some fancy Buffet (seafood and prime rib), was looking forward in cooking some ribs and a tip... this would have been a nice conversation piece.. oh well...

Well done my friend. :)
Sorry to hear the family wants to a crowded fancy buffet. But you can still cook today.

That thing kicks a**! My handle broke on my Christmas big cook. Need to figure out something soon. Pretty cool idea.

sorry to hear john, if you are going to do a door handle mod, other than the bolts, washers and nuts, the key using split lock washers (these I use as tension adjustments.. if you look at the close up pics; you'll notice they are placed between washers where I need to micro adjust for fitting) to hold everything together, I gorilla glued the handle onto the bolt

Cool handle , man. Hey , I'm a fan of hand made knives . I hope you'll post some pics of your work.

Back