The Big Adventure For A Genesis Jr

I still have some work to do on my JR before I get there, but I am planning to modify a rotisserie setup as I think it would be a cool way to spin small birds or a petite roast given the wide spacing of the two burners which still probably crank out 20-25K+ BTU and might make for a fun adventure. It's got that built in "indirect" grilling setup, with about 12+ inches or more between burners. There has to be an ideal cook for that setup... Pizza? IDK.

Otherwise? I think its a great little grill to do backyard burgers, brats and breasts, but not briskets or butts. ;)

Yah, now I think that little Jr could actually shine on doing roto work. Does it even have the holes on the left side for a roto bracket.

Yes, sir. Holes on the left for the motor bracket and slots both sides for the spit rod, all factory made/drilled on the cookbox.

I think I have extra motors and forks and the spit rod can be bought and easily fabbed, but It's the handle/counterweight that are probably the most challenging parts of a JR Roto project, it's do-able in the shop and I know I'm not dropping $60 for a flea bay roto just to get a counterweight!

I have a lot on the runway but that that mod may move to the front of the line.

Counterweight ideas? BEGIN! :unsure:

Skip the counterweight. If you have extra motors, don’t worry about it. Or spend the $55 on a OneGrill motor from Amazon and never worry about a counterweight again.

Clamp a locking pliers (vice grip) on the end of the roto for a counter weight. The weber #9891 (basket style) does not come with a counter weight. I used a locking pliers for that purpose. Yah, kind a redneck, but it worked.

Clamp a locking pliers (vice grip) on the end of the roto for a counter weight. The weber #9891 (basket style) does not come with a counter weight. I used a locking pliers for that purpose. Yah, kind a redneck, but it worked.
I forgot about your vice grip solution. Nice. Perfect solution for the 9891

I used the motor and spit rod from my 22" kettle. The spit rod needed a little modification to match the notches with the Junior's cookbox.

r-IUS4KL4YIZBhdW1nftnnvFK3pDnbha4mR_dvzWZ7gI4QtGKi1vDkmhK1PfcmVu57aIBRuhRENjX6e9UbVfpe8Y45qu3uBKLfwTfoiU6lFUl3EtEodEnhex9RwVD2T5f7xKfgO8oqE=w600

kP02osEG_0vsZXKrbNGFSfw7BrHpaMkLggvO27iCb5epiPNE9kDmGJ4sIEFeGnJeKmrAtvKbBOtZGgwSHkNNu2sOMIfQk_uFukWc-9uAW7Vbo7ZP8XfC4NZIbZxE3JtTI5VgArVP1cU=w600

Back