The Best Da**ed Grilled Chicken I Ever Ate!

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Paul P. - Scottie, here is the recipe, hope you will let me know if you ever make it. (or anyone else for that matter. lol)

Seasoning Paste
2 TB. salt
2 TB. sugar
1 TB. plus 1 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
1 TB. plus 1 tsp. onion powder
1 TB. plus 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 TB. garlic powder
1 TB. grated lemon peel
1 TB. grated lime peel
1 1/2 tsp. white pepper
1 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 1/4 tsp. ground savory
3/4 tsp. ground allspice
3/4 tsp. black pepper
3/4 tsp. ground dried habanero chile peppers
4 bay leaves

1 (3 to 4 lb.) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
4 TB. unsalted butter

1. Combine the seasoning paste ingredients in a large bowl or 1 gallon zipper plastic bag. Place the chicken in the bowl or bag and rub the pieces evenly with the seasoning paste. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap or zip the bag and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours.
2. When ready to cook, light the grill. Bring chicken to room temperature. Melt the butter. With a spoon, gently scrape as much of the seasoning paste as possible off the chicken, combine it with any paste remaining in the bowl or bag and stir into the butter.
3. Place the large pieces of chicken over the hottest part of the grill and the smaller pieces over the less hot section and cook, turning the pieces and basting several times with the butter until done. Serve and enjoy. Makes 4 servings

Source: "Fiery Foods That I Love" by Paul Prudhomme

Last edited:
Scottie, here is the recipe, hope you will let me know if you ever make it. (or anyone else for that matter. lol)

Seasoning Paste
2 TB. salt
2 TB. sugar
1 TB. plus 1 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
1 TB. plus 1 tsp. onion powder
1 TB. plus 3/4 tsp. ground ginger
1 TB. garlic powder
1 TB. grated lemon peel
1 TB. grated lime peel
1 1/2 tsp. white pepper
1 1/4 tsp. ground cardamom
1 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 1/4 tsp. ground savory
3/4 tsp. ground allspice
3/4 tsp. black pepper
3/4 tsp. ground dried habanero chile peppers
4 bay leaves

1 (3 to 4 lb.) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
4 TB. unsalted butter

1. Combine the seasoning paste ingredients in a large bowl or 1 gallon zipper plastic bag. Place the chicken in the bowl or bag and rub the pieces evenly with the seasoning paste. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap or zip the bag and refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours.
2. When ready to cook, light the grill. Bring chicken to room temperature. Melt the butter. With a spoon, gently scrape as much of the seasoning paste as possible off the chicken, combine it with any paste remaining in the bowl or bag and stir into the butter.
3. Place the large pieces of chicken over the hottest part of the grill and the smaller pieces over the less hot section and cook, turning the pieces and basting several times with the butter until done. Serve and enjoy. Makes 4 servings

Source: "Fiery Foods That I Love" by Paul Prudhomme
Thank you for sharing the recipe. I will definitely give it a try 👍

Tim, Scottie, just want to let you know that this recipe is in our "this week" folder. DH will be making it Thursday (God willing) and will let you know the results asap. We shall see if we agree with Paul. lol

1611276921759.png

Well, all I can say is that I "almost" agree with Paul. It was very good, but for some reason, DH only gave it a good rating.

Wondering what that big green thing is next to the chicken cooking? It is called "Big Bucket Party Cooler" I won it back in '08 in the "Ultimate Margarita Party Sweepstakes".

PS I am so proud of DH for doing this, thought I would share. On Halloween, DH fills it up with ice and bottled water and leaves it outside for the kids to help themselves (in addition to the candy of course lol)

Last edited:
1611547739737.png
While making up the left over paste for basting the chicken, DH took this picture for me. This guy is from my Tucan collection. I just wanted to share it with you all.

time for another bump, and time to try this again, or add to our BIG growing list of chicken recipes to make.

I think today I better go back to working on my PORK binders. lol

Well, it's after 5 PM here in Boca, and I am just now finishing working on my chicken recipes (not all of them, just for today lol) I wanted to come back to this post mostly just to see my Tucan again. 🥰

:LOL: Yeah, almost Grant.

I came across this thread while checking to see if I had made anything of Paul Prudhomme's.

Back