That $37 stainless rod grate really gave new life to my Silver B

I'm happy with the porcelean CI on my E330. My mom has original PCI grates on her 2009 genesis E320 side control. Sister and BIL have originals on their 2009 or 2008 E310.

But the porcelean stamped suff is 5 year max Imo
I enjoy my rcplanebuyer grates on my 1998 Summit very much, but I also love cast iron. My favorites are the really old Weber ones that were raw cast iron. A lot of work, but there is still something primal and special about cooking on cast iron :coolkettle:.

IMG_5176.jpeg

IMG_0581.jpeg

I was not sure what direction you were referring to. I meant length actually
Yes, OK I get what you mean, and definitely true. I was talking about cutting a section off on the left of one grate so that he can use the Weber Steam and Smoke (or whatever it is). Weber sold a special set of grates with a short one (left to right) to fit that. (I know you don’t like those, but I think Tim is trying for an extra dose of Weber history on his Genesis 5.) What I did on the set I posted is basically the same idea.

Yes, OK I get what you mean, and definitely true. I was talking about cutting a section off on the left of one grate so that he can use the Weber Steam and Smoke (or whatever it is). Weber sold a special set of grates with a short one (left to right) to fit that. (I know you don’t like those, but I think Tim is trying for an extra dose of Weber history on his Genesis 5.) What I did on the set I posted is basically the same idea.
Yeah, I understood after the pics. I made special ones like that to use them with the rotisserie

Back