Thanks to everyone here

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewjeff

TVWBB Member
Thanks to everyone here, I am a hero to my wife and daughter.

Last night, at 11:30pm, I put on a butt and brisket. At 6am, after a night of a low of 45 degrees outside, the WSM was pumping along at 225 degrees. I refilled the waterpan, wrapped the brisket in foil, turned the butt, and went back to bed.

At noon I pulled off the brisket, wrapped it in towels, and put it in a cooler. I added a small chimney of lump, filled the water, turned the butt, and threw on 12 or so jalepenos.

At 3pm I took off the peppers.
At 3:30 I pulled of the butt. It fell apart trying to take it off the WSM.

I pulled the butt, snacked like a fiend, and made 3 foodsaver bags for the freezer.

The peppers were cooled, I tasted one...mmmmmm, and they were foodsavered for use in the winter months.

At 4:00 I pulled the brisket out of the cooler, it was still very hot, and I put it (still in foil), on the gas grill real low (200 degrees).

At 5:00 I pulled it off the grill.
At 5:30 I cut-n-nibbled the brisket.
At 5:45 I was declared a hero!!!!!

I had a hard time foodsavering the brisket because it kept falling apart....oh, what a problem!!!

This was by far the best brisket I've ever done. This is what I learned:

- Minimize the salt in the rub.
- Keep the rub simple.
- Wrapping in foil may be a sin for the purists, but call me heathen, I'm convinced.
- I can't remember if I read here or on A.F.B
but the technique of wrapping it in foil/towels and letting it sit in the cooler really worked.
- Bone Sucking Sauce rools!

What a great story! That was a really ambitious project and an inspiration to all of us - congratulations!

Rita

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back