Thanks to all!

Dave A

TVWBB Member
My brother just returned home after a year in Iraq, so in the last couple of weeks I have made ribs, brisket and smoked a couple of turkey breasts.

At our last dinner, he made a comment about nominating me for a throw down with Bobby Flay... I don't know that I'm qualified for that, but hey, with all of the support from all of the great people on this board, bring it on!

The knowledge shared here is a great thing. I thank you and my brother thanks you!

Dave

That's been my experience as well - it's nice to find a place online where everyone is so willing to share their knowledge and help out people they may have never met before. Very refreshing and helpful to say the least!

I hear you. You all have helped me to shorten my learning curve tremendously. I couldn't have had nearly the level of success without the help of everyone on here.

My wife laughs at how much time I spend with my "pork dork" friends online but she certainly doesn't complain about all the great food.

(By the way, she meant the "pork dork" comment as a joke. I was proud to include myself in that group!)

Bob

There are a lot of folks here that know a lot and are willing to share. Its a wonderful thing
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Knowledge is power, and this site is second to none in both. I would also like to thank all those that I have learned from and continue to learn from. Thanks much.
icon_cool.gif

I agree 100% too. Many thanks to all the "regulars" who answer all the questions and make smoking not only fun, but with an end product that is great.

Living in TX, there is no shortage of BBQ places. I have family and friends that comment all the time that my BBQ is better than so and so's, it is a great feeling. Never would have happened without the info from the people on this site.

Thanks again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Tauriello:
I agree 100% too. Many thanks to all the "regulars" who answer all the questions and make smoking not only fun, but with an end product that is great.

Living in TX, there is no shortage of BBQ places. I have family and friends that comment all the time that my BBQ is better than so and so's, it is a great feeling. Never would have happened without the info from the people on this site.

Thanks again. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Dan,

What is your favorite BBQ place in Houston?

Teri Lema
formerly of Buffalo, NY

Dan Tauriello and I work at the same place and I have tasted some of his BBQ he brings in for lunch. It is good, but my wife thinks my BBQ is better :)

All kidding aside, Dan was the one who talked me into buying a WSM. Don't think there's anything better on the market.

Hey Dan,

What is your favorite BBQ place in Houston?

Teri Lema
formerly of Buffalo, NY[/QUOTE]

My Backyard.

What a blast from the past this is. What do you think, 12-13 years?

My Backyard.

What a blast from the past this is. What do you think, 12-13 years?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's been a while! My husand and I live in Boulder, CO and have been really interested in BBQ and smoked meats. My hubby Paul, wants one of those competition smokers! Everytime he mentions them, I think of that BBQ party you had in Pasedena where you hired folks that BBQ'd over night. I'm thinking about smoking turkey. (I use the word "I" liberally - actually it would be Paul) Have you ever smoked a turkey before?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Yeah, it's been a while! My husand and I live in Boulder, CO and have been really interested in BBQ and smoked meats. My hubby Paul, wants one of those competition smokers! Everytime he mentions them, I think of that BBQ party you had in Pasedena where you hired folks that BBQ'd over night. I'm thinking about smoking turkey. (I use the word "I" liberally - actually it would be Paul) Have you ever smoked a turkey before? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Smoke a couple turkeys a year - buy them at Thanksgiving and then smoke them over the next couple months. I do them at 325-350, the skin comes out a lot better at the higher temps and they still get a great smoke flavor. I use pecan and hickory for wood.

Smoke a couple turkeys a year - buy them at Thanksgiving and then smoke them over the next couple months. I do them at 325-350, the skin comes out a lot better at the higher temps and they still get a great smoke flavor. I use pecan and hickory for wood.[/QUOTE]

Do you buy frozen turkeys? Do you brine the turkey first? Last year, I bought a fresh, organic turkey and brined it first - it was outrageously expensive! However, I really don't like buying turkeys that are pre-brined.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Teri Lema:
Smoke a couple turkeys a year - buy them at Thanksgiving and then smoke them over the next couple months. I do them at 325-350, the skin comes out a lot better at the higher temps and they still get a great smoke flavor. I use pecan and hickory for wood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you buy frozen turkeys? Do you brine the turkey first? Last year, I bought a fresh, organic turkey and brined it first - it was outrageously expensive! However, I really don't like buying turkeys that are pre-brined.[/QUOTE]

I buy the sale frozen turkeys around Thanksgiving and smoke them and they come out great. Do not brine them, but they come out real moist and have a good smokey flavor.

Back