Thanks for help...Proud new owner of a Gensis EP-330

Aron B

I just wanted to thank the members of this forum for helping me choose my new grill! After 5 years my Party King Swing and Smoke grill finally bit the dust (it saw double duty at home and UConn football home games...plus trips to Notre Dame and Univ. of Michigan). My neighbor has had his Genesis for almost 15 yrs, and reading this forum BBQ Forum I decided to go with a Weber. It was easy convincing my wife since we have had many a cookout at our neighbors house. I originally thought I was going to replace it with a Summit E-470, but after reading through the posts here I decided that the E-330 was what I wanted. Then I read some posts about the EP models sold at local dealers and the benefits of buying local as far as the warranty. Yesterday we went to a local Ace Hardware store just over the state line in CT. They had one in their warehouse and it was $1000. From this forum And what I found from True Value's web site I knew I was looking at a price of $849. We left the ACE store and went to the True Value store in our town. There they had just what we were looking for...in stock in all 6 finish options. We ended up getting the grill in gray with free assembly and delivery. They dropped it off this afternoon, and I made dinner on it tonight. Thanks again for all the help...couldn't be happier with the grill! Looking forward to many years with it!

HI Aron,

Congrats on the EP330. My wife and I just dumped our Charbroil (Lifetime warrenty on the burners, but the rest of the grill rusted out around it) for an EP330 as well. We got a great deal out of an on-line appliance store in NY and were able to get the EP 330 in the now discontinued Brick Red color. ($799, free shipping, no tax). We added a cover, the handle light and the rotisarrie.

We love the grill and I am very impressed with the sear station. This thing gets hot. Very hot. Very fast. I've been able to get the grill up to the 650+ degree range in just a few minutes.

Only one problem I've discovered so far...is reaching in to turn the LP off at the tank; Since the tank is mounted on the fuel guage/weight bracket, there is very little room between the top of the gas tank and the bottom of the firebox/grease shelf. Twice so far when reaching my hand in to turn off the tank I've slightly burnt the top of my hand. Ouch!

I hear you Andy. I got myself twice so far. This grill cooks like a dream! I am so happy I bought it.

I have a older S310 model and that is one thing I am always forgetting to do is turn off the gas.although it never leaks out I should be better at doing that.
I would love to have the new style with burners front to back. But I am not trading just for that this grill is great I do love it.
Kevin

EP-330 owner here. It's a real sweet spot in the Weber lineup and for good reason.

I've mastered the art of sliding in under the drip tray to turn off the gas. But it's worth noting that you get a bit more room to mess around if you just avoid using the relatively useless gas level meter altogether. It doesn't really give you any more of a rough idea than just lifting the tank will give you. Worse case scenario, use the hot water trick.
icon_wink.gif

Based on great reviews and posts on this site we replaced our Grand Hall, 11 years old, with a Weber E-330. Ya gotta love the sear burner.

That does it! Myy wife just burnt the top of her hand turning off the propane at the tank. I'm not using the tank guage/bracket anymore. It's design flaw.

Despite how great this grill cooks, I am dissapiointed in the obvious - and dangerous design flaw.
icon_mad.gif

I mounted my tank on the outside
just put screws on inside out and mount holder outside.
I use a piece of 1/4 inch ply over hole and use the inside for storage.

Only thing is you have to look around back to see how full tank is.
Find it easier to get to as well

WSM
22" kettle
Silver B (retired)
S330

Hey, folks. I've been away for a while (just had to cut back on SOME activities), but I wanted to come back to add my endorsement of the new design (front to back burners and other upgrades including a double hood and under burner heat reflectors). I sold my Genesis E-310 to get tEP-330 and after using extensively for over a week, I think the trade is well worth it.

I've done a pretty comprehensive review over on The BBQ Source if anyone is interested in learning a lot more. This in no way detracts from TVWBB which remains one of my two favorite grill/smoke resources. There is room for both venues (and obviously a lot more also).

Dave, I'm surprised you think the scale isn't worthwhile -- I think it's much more convenient and mine have been exceptionally accurate.

For those who have burned their hands cutting off the gas, I also recommend moving the scale and tank to the outside of the cabinet. It's a little more difficult on the EP-330 (you may have to raise the fire box a little to get the fittings over to the other side). And, Daryl, just do what I did. Use enamel paint or fingernail polish to mark the settings on the other side of the scale the same as they are on the front side. (Weber should provide marks on both sides as well as offer this reverse mounting as an assembly option -- done during assembly this is no problem at all.) Just mount a full tank on the outside, mark the full slot in the scale (the cutout is there), then lift slightly and hold the tank in place to show each successive indicator and mark the corresponding place on the other side. Very easy.

Rich

Back