Texas BBQ Rub Secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Wolfe

Closed Account
After seeing numerous raves about the Texas BBQ rubs, I ordered 4lbs. When I was ordering and reading through the web site, I read through the secrets of prefect and consistent bbqing.
Does anyone head the suggestion of rubbing the cut of meat you are bbqing with worchestershire sauce before applying the rub? If so on what cuts do you put it on and how do you like it?

Hey Larry,

Worchestershrire sauce is good on everthing. At least Justin Wilson used to think so. I haven't done it when smoking anything (just because I didn't think of it when preping), but now I will.

Hi Larry,
I've tried worchestershire sauce on a brisket flat I just smoked. As far as I'm concerned, it does not add to the taste. Makes for a good adhering agent for the Texas BBQ rub. The brisket was moist so maybe in that aspect it contributed.

I used the worchestershire sauce + #1 Texas BBQ Rub on 3 racks of BB ribs & 2 chuck roasts this past weekend. Everything turned out great. I don't know if the worchestershire improved the taste or not, but I'm going to use it again.

The only way I know to judge is to do some with and some without. The last time I tried one of these 'tests', I mixed up the meat.

Larry, I used to put the worchestershire sauce and my rub on the brisket the night before. Now i do it Bill's way and it works just as good. A lot easier too. Bryan

I always mix worchestershire sauce in with my rub before rubbing. I mix in just enough to make a paste. It sticks better, and I think it tastes better (but that just because I think worchestershire sauce makes everything taste better)

Bill's way is putting the worchestershire sauce on first then the rub right before you put it on the cooker. No overnight sitting or long-term rubbing commitment!
icon_smile.gif

Gotcha thanks Greg! Hopefully the rub will be here by Friday, I am planning on using it for a brisket on Saturday. How long does it normally take to get the rub after ordering?

Just finished a flat and coated with worchestershire and the TXBBQ rub. I did this the night before and I really believe it added 'something'.

I have always been a bigot of worchestershire, and I think this contributes to the flavor.

As far as a 'glue' for the rub, yes it could/would work - but since mustard works the same, why not use that? According to some thoughts, mustard is a 'glue' and does not add any flavor. I personally want to 'add' to the experience and I think beef and worchestershire have a complimentary relationship.

~ Sean

I agree Sean...I think the "sauce" adds flavor and its not just an adhering agent! I use it in my BBQ sauce and its not holding anything together in there!!
icon_biggrin.gif

How about injecting small amounts of worchestershire evenly through a brisket or Giant Chuck Roll? Got a 22 lb CR set for tomorrow night ... thinking about it .... might try

I have used all of Bill's products and my favorite is the TexasBBQRub Brisket Blend (#2) rub. It is awesome.

You cant go wrong with this rub.

Also try his Texas Grilling Magic. Goes on everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back