Temperature Range Q2200

Steve B Q

I just purchased a Q 2200 on July 3rd.After it was assembled I got it lit to check what temperatures were at low,med and high.
After three tries the lowest temp I could achieve on low was 415°,on med 485° and on high 575°. Any ideas what the problem could be ?
Called and emailed Weber a few times but no response.

Seems to run higher than normal. I have a Q2xx and it won't hit 500 on high. It could use some cleaning however.

That is normal. Especially on a new grill. Once it gets carboned up it will be a little more tempered down. BUT, don't expect it to be as variable as say a multi burner Genesis.

May I ask how you are checking these temps?
Are you using the thermometer on the lid?
Take temps using a standoff on the grill and wired thermometer.

I have a Q220, the grill and lid temp will differ. Sounds like you have good flow, could do pizza at 500+
Are you looking to try and go low temps?

Walt, that is a great point. However, most people only have the built in grill lid thermometer so that is why most people just go with that. On my grill there is 40+ degrees difference when you start getting in to the upper temps between the lid thermometer and my Thermoworks smoke grate level probe.

May I ask how you are checking these temps?
Are you using the thermometer on the lid?
Take temps using a standoff on the grill and wired thermometer.

I have a Q220, the grill and lid temp will differ. Sounds like you have good flow, could do pizza at 500+
Are you looking to try and go low temps?
Yes I'm using the thermometer in the lid
I would like to try to get below 400.

You won't sorry. The way that grill is designed there has to be a minimal gas flow to keep the burner from flaming out and causing a fireball when you open the lid. So if you see 375 after it's all broken in I will be surprised

Back