Tel-Tru Glow Dial

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pat McCreight:
Does anybody use one of the tel-tru glow dial thermometers, such as the one below:
http://www.tel-tru.com/cart/detail.asp?subcat=16&product_id=351U04FBAKLAAAA

I'm looking to buy a few and was wondering if they really do glow at night. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are great thermometers and they do indeed glow at night!

Oh, yeah! Too cool for overnight cooks.
icon_cool.gif

I have one. It glows. Don't know why I got the glow one as I haven't done an overnighter yet. Maybe I was just curious like you. But more importantly, it is very accurate.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chris kenney:
I bought the black one for cool-ness factor...it does not glow, but looks wicked! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed Chris. I did the same as you and I think the black looks great.

Yeah, the black ones do look real nice. And they are 5 bucks cheaper in the size I'm looking at. Plus, I usually need a flashlight to see vents and / or the meat.

I have a glow thermo from tel-tru! It glows GREAT with a little charging from my surefire flashlight. I now have a stoker though and don't check the smoker overnight anymore.

For the $5 I think I'd still go with the glow model though!

Ernest,

Just so you know, They are a make-to-order shop, so they didnt make your thermometer until after you order it. I cannot believe that they can't keep some stock at this day and age, but that is how they do it.

I would expect 2-3 weeks from order to arrival.

Chris

Back