Teddy Bears abt's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Hilliard

TVWBB Fan
Konrad, Thanks to your web site I was a big hit at our annual Christmas potluck at work.
I made a double batch of ABT's (end result 64 turds)using the recipe from your web site. I used my WSM and my Homer Simpson. The only problem I had was with the cook times. At 300*F it took almost 1 1/2 hours to cook. Next time I'm going to raise the temp up to 350* and see what happens. I used a couple of chunks of cherry wood for smoke. In any case they were gone in 10 minutes, and I think the only reason they lasted that long is because people had to wait in to get their food. They are a little time consuming to make but most good things take a little time. I whole heartedly recommend these to anybody.
Don

Don, after reading your entry I decided to give the "turds" a try. Fantastic!!! One caution though: Wear rubber gloves when preparing. When cleaning and cutting etc., I found that every time I touched my face for hours afterwards I felt a stinging, even burning sensation. I washed my hands several times but it didn't seem to help.

But, the outcome was the best!
Larry

Larry,
I too learned the wisdom of wearing rubber gloves, especially after a trip to the restroom. Lets just say it was uncomfortable and leave it at that. Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back