Taylor probe-thermometers, lowest price I've seen

If you need an extra probe thermometer for your smoker or you want to pick one up for a Christmas gift, Amazon currently has a Taylor model for $10, w/ free shipping. That's the cheapest price that I've seen them for. I'm picking up a couple for spares.

I know people have had problems with the probes going out, but keep in mind that Taylor says they have a lifetime warranty on the probe. I just called them to confirm this: The rep I talked to said they'll replace the first probe for free, and subsequent replacements cost $5. So if you buy one of these, keep your receipt!

I've had one of these for years, and it works great, feels solidly-made, and doesn't eat batteries.

THanks David for the info. One thing though, the thermometer is eligible for free shipping, therefore you must spend an extra $15 (on eligible items) to get the free shipping.

Erik

Good point on the shipping. I didn't read the fine print. Guess you'll have to order three of 'em to get the free shipping or order something else.

just ordered 2 of them. I also ordered a book on smoking so was able to get free shipping. thanks for the info, now if someone could find me a great deal on a digital kitchen scale.

Dave forgot to ask what part of Minnesota you are from. I live about 25 miles west of Grand Forks, North Dakota. Getting cold here but still plan on smokin' this weekend. either a turkey or pork butts.

Mickey Mays,

Check eBay for a digital scale. I bought a new one there a year or so ago, and they were cheaper there than in any online store.

I'm from the Twin Cities, but I know North Dakota well, since my wife is from there (She went to UND in Grand Forks). In fact, will be heading to Fargo next week to celebrate an early Xmas with relatives.

Back