Tax Return:What should I buy for BBQ?

Well, considering that I'm currently unemployed and that I have a root canal scheduled tomorrow morning (with no insurance), I won't be buying anything special with my tax return this year. *sigh*
icon_frown.gif

Better luck next year, right?

Barret

Originally posted by Michael C.:
I'd splurge on some cool cast iron grates!
http://www.cast-iron-grate.com/onlinestore/store.html

Michael, you won't be sorry with your purchase of the cast iron grill for the kettle, I've had mine now for just over a Month now and I'm practically using them all the time now..they are that good.
The only thing is that I haven't yet had the change to throw a good steak on it yet but have done lots of grilled chicken which makes them taste more like...umm chicken
icon_biggrin.gif

The do however tend to get a bt more greasy than the wire weber grill and theres just not enough space in the Qtr sections to place the chimney for a charcoal start-up but they are very easy to take on/off the kettle and very sturdy.
I wouldn't bother getting the grill lifter as a good strong pair of tongs will do the same job.

Hope you have fun with it..I have
icon_smile.gif

Cheers

Davo

I agree with Rich, meat. Oh and maybe a new freezer to store the meat that is on sale and the finished pulled pork.

Mike

Not really for BBQ, more for the cook. I hope to throw it into the slush fund for a hot tub this summer

I'm confused. Normally you send a tax return to the government.

Now if you meant a refund,, if I get one of those, that means I submit an updated W4 with my employer to try to make sure that doesn't happen again.

I got married last year and didn't update HR.

However, mine gets to go into savings now. My family all went in and got me the 22" WSM. They must really love my food.

I ordered my first WSM with my federal return and plan on getting a weber kettle or another WSM with my state refund.

Hopefully I get a paved driveway and a covered pit patio (Or a pit patio and some additional dedicated enclosed BBQ storage). I dought the SoDT will allow me to buy any more cookers.
icon_frown.gif

Back