Tank holder wing nut size?

Understood. I've watched Norm for years. He makes it look easy because he has the knowledge and skill to to do it right.

A guy like that is valuable. Unfortunately, in these days most people don't care about quality, only price. Fortunately, those that provide quality craftsmanship are in high demand and can name their price.

Cheers
Gerry

If I ever get moved and hopefully slow my life a little, I really hope to put that truth to the test when it comes to doing classic Genesis grills. I know that for a grill you can't truly "name your price" but I have got to believe there are still some people who would at least pay as much for a truly well restored classic Genesis (like a number we see on here) as they would have to do for an imported throw-away grill at the big box stores.

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

Nice looking grill there!
You need to find educated consumers. The good thing is that a whole lot of us grew up with these older Webers, so we know they were quality.

If you are going to use that picture for advertising, then for God's sake get that grill mat straight!
The devil is in the details...:)(y)
Gerry

Pictures just for my own enjoyment. Like the old guy used to say in the Midas commercials, "Never sell Annabelle!" But, yeah, that definitely would have looked better.

Are you asking about the wing nut that you loosen to change tanks?

If so, I doubt your tank is going to fly away if you don't replace it. On mine, that bracket has been turned 90 degrees (the position to remove the tank) for 20 years.
Tank was always there when I needed it!

Cheers,
Gerry

I got one today thanks to Bruce. I also took your advice and turned that bracket 90 degrees and secured it that way with the nut. As you stated it's really not that functional. But the grill looks unfinished from the side without that bracket to me. Thanks.

I have an MBA and am a CPA, CMA, and whatever...If I had it to do all over, I think I would have picked a trade and tried to really excel in it. I would love to have been a Norm Abram(y). I am sick of staring at computer screens and am most happy working with my hands. That's how I have gotten into grill restorations.
Trades in Florida are rough brother. Barely any benefits or protections. Seasonal work and small business owners who make a lot of bad decisions.

If I ever get moved and hopefully slow my life a little, I really hope to put that truth to the test when it comes to doing classic Genesis grills. I know that for a grill you can't truly "name your price" but I have got to believe there are still some people who would at least pay as much for a truly well restored classic Genesis (like a number we see on here) as they would have to do for an imported throw-away grill at the big box stores.

View attachment 1854

View attachment 1855
That is beautiful!

Back