Tandoori Chicken

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Quick grilling on the Genesis tonight as the deck was still covered in ice from yesterday's storm. Fortunately, the ice layers on the grill melted off today. Also did some oven roasted cauliflower and a spinach and chickpea curry.2F6376B5-1883-44C2-AB28-2ACD207CC7F1.jpeg

Looks delicious Jim. How did you make the spinach and chickpea curry?

You can wait till you thaw out to answer. lol

I saw a Youtube vid (I watch way too much) of a guy filling a metal garbage can 1/2 way with sand, then add a huge inverted clay flower pot with the bottom (now top) cut off). He placed a chimney of hot coals in the bottom of the pot on top of the sand and had a functioning tandoori oven. He was making naan against the sides and had some skewers on top to hold the chicken tied up vertically suspended. Very cool....or I should say Hot.

Wow Jim. Spectacular looking plate. I love Tandoori Chicken. Love those sides too. I've got a Chicken Tikka cook I plan on doing soon.

I saw a Youtube vid (I watch way too much) of a guy filling a metal garbage can 1/2 way with sand, then add a huge inverted clay flower pot with the bottom (now top) cut off). He placed a chimney of hot coals in the bottom of the pot on top of the sand and had a functioning tandoori oven.

Cool! Can you post a link for us?

Looks delicious Jim. How did you make the spinach and chickpea curry?

You can wait till you thaw out to answer. lol

Here ya go! Pretty simple, but delicious.

Thanks Jim, that sounds delicious. Copied and showed to DH who said "it sounds like a good side". Hope we have it soon. I didn't ask for the chicken recipe, even tho it looks great, because I have over 10 binders full of chicken recipes waiting to be made. lol

Hope we have it soon. I didn't ask for the chicken recipe, even tho it looks great, because I have over 10 binders full of chicken recipes waiting to be made. lol

There are a gazillion Tandoori chicken recipes on the 'net. I just picked one of 'em yesterday. It wasn't the best I've done, but that flavor profile is always good.

Back