taking sticker off performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garth C

TVWBB Super Fan
Anybody take that sticker off the pre 2009 performers front stainless steel? Does it leave a stain?

Garth

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AJ S.:
What exactly are you talking about? Do you have a picture? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The lighting instructions sticker immediately to the left of the ignition cover. It's stuck right on top of some nice looking stainless steel.

I found some pics with and without. 2 below:

1204782812_WeberPerformerCharcoalGrill_841001A.jpg

516t5zkyw4l-_ss400_.jpg

I'm sure if you goal is to remove the safety sticker, you can do it. It wasn't born on there. It's not part of the stainless itself. Go take it off,

Brian

Warm the sticker with a hair dryer. Use a plastic putty knife to get it started. It will come off.

I have used the goo gone type products with good results for similar things. Can't remember the brand, but it was safe for auto paint is why I bought it. Had a gas cap cover that was sprung open and had to use tape for a couple days before I could fix it, left quite the sticky mess.

If that doesn't work....use a sawsall.....I hate stickers that stick real good to places I don't want them stuck...those sticker stickers that stick stuff in the way can stick it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back