Tailgate Wings - Best wings ever!

D Jennings

TVWBB Fan
The problem with 95% of the wing recipes out there is the use of butter, IMO. These are much easier and the vast majority of my friends that have tried these wings prefer these over the traditional ones made with butter. They were developed by a good buddy over many, many beers.

2 dozen wings, cut up, tips discarded
¼ cup Crystal hot sauce (Franks is also good)
1 ½ tablespoons Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar

First grill, fry, bake wings, it’s your choice.
In a large Tupperware like container that has a lid add remaining ingredients. Swish around a little to mix.
Once wings are done and still hot toss into container, securely attach lid and shake vigorously for a few seconds.
Remove wings to a large platter and pour left over sauce over wings. Serve with blue cheese and celery.

Note: You cane vary amount of Tabasco to your taste, or if you really like heat add a few shots of you favorite habanero hot sauce.

I remember making some baked wings years ago, tossing them in a similar sauce, and being REALLY pleased with the results. When I tried again another time the wings weren't so good.

The trick seems to be finding the right amount of sauce (not too much, don't drown them) so the wings stay crispy while still being nice and spicy.

I omit the Tabasco sauce and just add some white vinegar and cayenne pepper to the frank's to taste.

Works like a champ!

Back