taco baby butt and a meatloaf

Dale Perry

TVWBB Guru
Thats what im cooking today. Got a 3 lb taco pork butt going now and going to try to make a taco style meatloaf later today. Just messing around today with my bullet.

So you took a taco seasoning pack and used that for a rub?

Let us know how it turns out. I've been thinking about doing that for some shredded pork tacos or enchiladas, but haven't yet.

John, I mixed up a batch of taco seasoning. Cheaper and very easy. There are tons of recipes online for a taco mix. I can add the one I used if somebody wants it.

Lipton Onion Soup mix is fantastic in many recipes.

My favorite is to slice potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices. Sprinkle the mix between the slices and re-assemble the potato. Smear the top with butter and wrap tightly with 2 layers of foil so you can flip them if need be.

Cooking time depends on temps but since they're wrapped in foil, they can sit in your smoker for quite some time without drying out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil S:

My favorite is to slice potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices. Sprinkle the mix between the slices and re-assemble the potato. Smear the top with butter and wrap tightly with 2 layers of foil so you can flip them if need be.

Cooking time depends on temps but since they're wrapped in foil, they can sit in your smoker for quite some time without drying out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Phil, Now that sounds really good. Thanks for posting. You should post that recipe in the sides section.
icon_smile.gif

Back