SWMBO Overnight with pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Babek

TVWBB Pro
So far so good...at least no major disasters. Got the butt on at 8:30 last night and hooked up my ET-73. The temp was 225-250 all night. The alarm woke me up at 4:30 am and the temp was 275. Added water to the pan, flipped, turned and basted. Half hour ago I added a half chimney of unlit charcoal and the temp is at 235, the meats temp is only 172. The meat stayed at 170 for the longest time and is only now starting to creep up. It looks awsome and I took pics right from the start. I will post them up this weekend.

Around 8 am I threw on a rack of ribs, half with my rub and half with a rub I got in Texas last week...we'll see which SWMBO likes best.

Wow...in the time it took me to type this post the meats temp went up two degrees...

It's still kinda early here in CA, I admit I just got up about 20 minutes ago and I'm still kinda groggy...what's SWMBO?

Oh, wait a minute...she who must be obeyed! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Regards,
Chris

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I admit I just got up about 20 minutes ago <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>LOL. It's 12:50 pm here on the east coast ~ Guess you don't have any youngin's, huhhh? /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

SWMBO - I first heard that reference on the series "Rumpole of the Bailey", written by John Mortimer and carried on pbs several years. A series based on the British legal system and featuring a very crusty, old British Barrister. It was a wonderful series.

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul G.:
[qb] SWMBO - I first heard that reference on the series "Rumpole of the Bailey", written by John Mortimer and carried on pbs several years.[/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>SWMBO - Originally from the novel "She" by H. Rider Haggard. A good read if you can find it.

Rumpole was a great series, even though SWMBO never laughed at it much.

The results of my first overnight were excellent. The pork was very tender, juicy and with just the right amount of smoke. It was really hard to be patient and not foil or throw the butt into the oven to finish but Im glad I didnt. The total cook time was 16 hours, 2 hours a pound. I basted every hour after the first eight and really feel that this made a huge difference in the end result. DOuble wrapped it in foil when it hit 190 and put it in a cooler for an hour...the meat fell off the bone and pulled perfectly.

The wife loved it and brought some for the women she worked with...rave reviews all around. Im attaching pics of the start to finished product. Thanks to everyone for all the advice and guidance, talk about a huge confidence booster.

web page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back