Swivel weber ideas?

Nathan-WI

So I was cooking on the arteflame insert again I put on the 26”, and knowing it would be best if it were leveled, I was trying to think of the easiest way to do this on concrete that’s sloped away from the house (This idea would also work if you have a griddle plate insert). My first thought was being able to do a swivel like some globe stands have but yet to be able to lock it in once you find level. The other example idea I had was like my sons gyro bowl so he wouldn’t spill what was in it when he was younger such as the picture. So this might have been a pointless post or maybe an inspiring one for someone else out there I just can’t seem to come up with the creativity to make it happen but would love to see if someone else does.

Attachments

• IMG_1319.png
    IMG_1319.png
    250.8 KB · Views: 16
It’s on three legs, right? You need one leg to level a tripod. Chock the wheels and, use a small wedge to level the bowl, don’t overthink it. Basic engineering.

Weber did have the Galley q that was made for boats with a gimbal or self leveling feature.

The gimbal design works well in a small format (smokey Joe size) but on a 26!?? Sounds like a disaster waiting for a location.
just level it, not rocket science.
Really, put the two wheels on the “uphill”side and put a wedge under the downhill leg.

The gimbal design works well in a small format (smokey Joe size) but on a 26!?? Sounds like a disaster waiting for a location.
just level it, not rocket science.
Really, put the two wheels on the “uphill”side and put a wedge under the downhill leg.
Relax. Nobody said to put it on a 26".
Just letting the OP know that his post wasn't " pointless " as Weber had tried that before.
OBTW you need 2 legs to level a tripod not one.
If you ever used a transit or builders level you would know what I mean.

Relax. Nobody said to put it on a 26".
Just letting the OP know that his post wasn't " pointless " as Weber had tried that before.
OBTW you need 2 legs to level a tripod not one.
If you ever used a transit or builders level you would know what I mean.
the OP is talking about some sort of lockable gimba.
Read post #5
I’ve used any number of tripods, not saying the idea was ”pointless” just making it MUCH more involved than necessary.
This is a simple geometry issue. No need to be condescending.
Easy, two wheeled legs even on the uphill side and raise the fixed one, that is how one levels a tripod!
BTW, my brother had a “Galley Que” on his sailboat and it was a perfect design for the smaller format. Have you ever seen one?

Last edited:
How about placing the kettle on a level surface?
Failing that, raise the fixed leg on the downward slope.
Are you over-thinking this with regards utilising a gyro/gimbal? Seems a bit convoluted for what I see as a simple issue.

Last edited:
My 26” has the wobble so I was trying to think of something that was easy/ convenient to correct this issue while making it level as well. I’m probably over thinking it but thought it would be a neat feature to include. Thank you for showing me the Weber que, that’s definitely a pretty cool grill.

It’s my understanding that the 26” kettle does have a bit of “wobble issue” from other posts so, I might suggest making a “performer“ style cart. There is a fair bit of weight on the factory “tripod” legs which contributes to that. Do you have a dedicated space for it? Build the cart and make it more or less permanent? A wedge is pretty cheap and transportable, $3.00 a bundle at a lumberyard. Getting it level will improve stability.

Back