Switching from kettle to smoker

All I have to say is KUDOS to Amazon for their customer service and quick shipping. The exchange was slated for Tues and it arrived tonight which I was very surprised about. New one is 100% there with all parts and no damage so I will probably spend the next few hrs putting the mods on it. They also delivered my new handles and extra grate at the same time with the same quick shipment so I now have those too..
If you want to get one I say use the site link and order one through Amazon. It helps this site and from what I found customer service is top notch if their is an issue..

On a side note...From looking at the picture here you can see the one of the right is the old box and how much tape it had on it. The one on the left of the pic is the new one and it has much less tape on it. Makes me more and more believing it was a return to start with or opened somewhere along the line. Ignore the gun on the top of the smoker...LOL My son was putting a new scope on and happened to lay it down on the box right before the picture.

IMAG0410.jpg

Unless you have a LARGE family the 18.5 is the way to go....smaller footprint, easier to use, takes $3 less fuel every time you use it! I use mine twice a week and can cook for a party of 15 on it easily.
Just sayin'

I'm not sure about the fuel consumption (though the smaller body should use less fuel), but I agree with Gene B on the other points. The bottom grate has never been in my WSM during a cook... only when I put the WSM away. But then again, I'm usually just smoking for my wife and I and occasionally when the kids come to visit - never for large gatherings.

Last edited:

Back