Swift brand LoinBacks

Bill Pearson

TVWBB Super Fan
After searching the forum I see that in the past most people are very happy with their "Swift" brand ribs (mostly from Costco).

While at the local Alberstons today I saw that they had the "Swift" loinbacks in cryo for $3.99 lbs. How does this price compare to Costco (Not a member) and are we all still happy with the quality?

Thanks,
Bill
icon_cool.gif

The swift branded stuff by me - I think - only has enhanced meat. So I've never bought it. Costco doesn't sell it out here either.

The costco by me does sell loin backs and they are usually $3.99 a pound, so looks like an even deal.

I don't buy them, but they are right next to the spares at CostCo, and I think they are also $3.99 there (this is in California.)

I always try to get mine in the cryovac when I can so I can see if they have a label indicating they are enhanced. I've never seen one, and they are never labelled that way when Costco repackages them, so I assume they are not.

I'm pretty sure that I could tell if they were.

Rich

I just bought some Swift BB's from Costco here in MD packaged in cryovac. They are definitely not enhanced and are $3.49 lb.

Back