Superbowl Party

Don C.

TVWBB Super Fan
Hiya friends! Long time no post. *wonders if anyone remembers him* Anyway, planning a party for the big game(even took a couple of days off work
icon_wink.gif
) and was wondering if I should do a butt or some ribs.

Also going to have sausage and hot dogs. Chili too. Not going to be a huge party, just some friends and beer
icon_wink.gif

*waves to his friends*

Hey Bill! Nice to see you again!! I think you hit it on the head!! <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Butt, if you're servin' ribs??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Perhaps I'll do both!!

*promises to lay off the !! next post*

I'm doing two butts, 3 racks of ribs and a brisket. Might throw some sausages on while I'm at it. I'd like to take a few days off work but that might be tough. I'm planning on doing the butts early in the week then freezing them in foodsaver bags.

This will be my first pulled pork and brisket so I'm kinda putting myself on the line but I'm looking forward to it.

I have a feeling I'm going to be on this site a lot next week.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Great idea Glenn. I've done a brisket and a butt together and they came out great. I put the brisket on the bottom rack, fat side down and the butt above it.

Good luck and just plan for a long cook. I'd do an overnighter.

*kept his promise*

Jim, you are correct. We were proud to get there but not proud of the performance.
If the Seahawks and Steelers can just approach the effort showed last week, in the big one next Sunday, it will be a game for the ages. Good luck.

Well, due to a SNAFU, I was unable to do the butt.

Everything else came out great
icon_smile.gif

Rath *smokin' for the win*

Back