Super Bowl Smoke

Ken McCrary

TVWBB Super Fan
Anybody got one fired up tonight? I just put on two butts that weighed in after trimmimg at 19lbs. Should be ready at game time. Just hope the rain does not mess me up too bad.

I got some BoB going that I just put on 15 minutes ago
icon_smile.gif

Got the pulled pork ready, and the fattie is waiting to be cooked right before game time.

Go Pats.

I'm smoking pork ribs, baby back and st. louis ribs. First time trying the St, louis ribs on the smoker. Although, I don't have much interest in the game. At least we are home for the game this year. Last year on Super bowl Sunday, we were traveling to Rochester, MN to go to the Mayo Clinic for my wife to have surgery.

Starting this morning, but Pulled Beef and Baked Beans will have smoke rising from this neck of the woods shortly.

Go Pats!! MHK

Enjoy your day!

Put on a bone-in Butt about 6:45am. I'm cooking at 275 (I usually cook around 225-250) hoping it gets done by game time. Might have to foil later. Hopefully not. Throwing on some beans later in the day.

Also, first time smoking with Cherry. The back yard smells divine.

Got a butt going right now. Will also be grillin' up some shrimp, stuffed mushrooms and an onion blossom for aps. My 10 year old is my sous chef today.

Have 20 lb's of butt on since midnight last night. Oak for the first time from the scraps in the basement because all I had was mesquite! Poor planning. Going to make some carolina red now. Butts are small one on top only at 180 and the bigger one on the bottom is just at 190 now. Going to wrap em and cooler them soon.

Pulled the butts off at 5:30 after 17 hours. Got 10 lbs of pulled pork that turned out really good. Would post pictures if I could figgure out how.

I cooked up some brisket. This was my first time ever even eating brisket that wasn't a corned beef or a pot roast. It was great! I am adding brisket to my list of regular meals. I just over cooked it a little but it was still good. The flavors were so rich. Perfect way to celebrate another Big Blue championship!

Back