Sunny SoCal with SS performer & mods

I actually got the gas regulator and hose assembly from Amazon for $29, with prime free shipping.

Finished the "milk crate" mod today. I think it looks pretty good.

The large panel on the front facing side of the crate looks too...bare. I will be looking for something to place there. Maybe another Weber Logo plate? i dunno, well see.

I bought the crate at an arts and crafts store and painted it to match my wood pieces.
I had to line the interior of the crate with a black heavy duty plastic bag so that charcoal & its dust wouldn't fall out.

Then, I placed the crate under the opening allowed by sliding lid. At the moment, its easy to scoop up charcoal after sliding the lid, but once I place the basket there, I may have to slide the crate out a bit to get at the charcoal or i can remove the basket when needed. Either way its really easy an better than having to take things off the lid so that I can flip it up and grab charcoal.

Im not worried about the charcoal getting wet since I have the heavy duty Weber SSP cover on my Grill all the time that goes down to the floor.

Now I have a charcoal bin and lid hinge rod for laying around...anyone want it???

here i go again..

I decided to add a feature inspired by the newer performers.

Tilting charcoal crate!!

just bought some cable, screwed it onto the charcoal crate and anchored it to the grill

Now i can pull out the crate far enough to scoop up charcoal without needing to take the entire thing out or worrying about it falling out.

aghh. I can't believe how many pickets photobucket was hosting. Pictures are worth a thousand words sometimes and can no longer see them.

They should of let people pay a 5-10 cents a picture for lifetime hosting for legacy uploaded pics.

Back