Sunday dinner

Must be the outside heat but this cook is moving along quickly and my grate temps are at target all cook.

Ribs were probing 180°F so I wrapped them with a little sauce and have them back on for 30 minutes.

1688340913855.jpeg

1688340932636.jpeg

1688340948344.jpeg

The oak gave a really nice flavor along with the rub. Happy with the results so far.

Sauce is SBR, with water, yellow mustard, honey and a dash of ACV. And then 3 Tbs of the rub into the sauce.

I sauced the foil, laid the ribs meat side down and then did a light finish sauce on the rib backs.

Thirty minutes on this mode and then I’ll probe them for doneness. Seeking around 202° or so. Bite tender, not fall off the bone.

Last edited:
2:50 total cook time. Probing at 205°.

Pretty fast cook on these St Lou’s. Resting them before service at 530p

1688343214270.png

Nice cook! I did 5 racks of baby backs, no pictures again! :ROFLMAO: I wanted to get out of the heat and go back inside to my relatively cool house and bs with my guests.

Is that a pound cake base for the “Shortcake”?
This is my idea of shortcake…

IMG_0993.jpeg
Since it’s usually just the two of us I make a full recipe and divide it between four tartlet pans!

IMG_0269.jpeg

no, not made with goldfish crackers!

Is that a pound cake base for the “Shortcake”?
This is my idea of shortcake…

View attachment 73937
Since it’s usually just the two of us I make a full recipe and divide it between four tartlet pans!

View attachment 73938

no, not made with goldfish crackers!
Angel food cake. Broken into chunks and scattered. The strawberries were mixed with powdered sugar and rested for 40 minutes to render some juice. Homemade whipped cream and then all assembled in layers and then topped with blueberries.

It sat in the fridge for around an hour before serving. It was quite good. I should have served a dessert wine with it but the heat knocked me out yesterday. I was spent.

Back