Summit

I love my performer , will always have it and a weber gas grill, limit your Selfs to 1 grill but I refuse to lol
My BBQ Cooking Arsenal which meets my BBQ needs as of today and far into my future as being Eighty(80) years living on this planet :

WSM 18" Classic bought new in the year 2008; Weber Performer Deluxe bought new in the year 2020; Weber Master Touch bought new for placement of my Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit in the year 2023 and my small Weber Smoky Joe. That Summit would be a great addition to my BBQ "Wants" but not my "needs".

My BBQ Cooking Arsenal which meets my BBQ needs as of today and far into my future as being Eighty(80) years living on this planet :

WSM 18" Classic bought new in the year 2008; Weber Performer Deluxe bought new in the year 2020; Weber Master Touch bought new for placement of my Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit in the year 2023 and my small Weber Smoky Joe. That Summit would be a great addition to my BBQ "Wants" but not my "needs".
What do you use the most Richard?

The gotta have core quiver, imo, is one gasser and one charcoal grill. A second charcoal cooker is a nice to have.

Your one charcoal cooker could be a kettle, a Summit charcoal, a PK, a gravity feed, a WSM, a UDS, a BGE, an offset. In terms of function, the Summit pretty much obsoletes the kettle, unless your kettle is going to be used for big party capacity, roti, pizza or other niche specialty uses.

Go ahead and keep the new kettle if you have space for it and see what you use.

As the posts above mostly indicate, you will probably not use the kettle much. Especially since you live in the great white north, the Summit is going to be >>>> than the kettle for year round use.

Having a performer or similar and a summit style provides everything you need……but I don’t cook crazy protein like Brett.
He gets everything on one bbq…..

I never cooked on my Performer after getting the S6. I kept it for a short time because I had the pizza kit and rotisserie for it. Then, I found a deal on the Kamado Joe Big Joetisserie and huge pizza stone to use on the S6. That made giving the Performer to a friend an easy decision.

I keep a natural gas S-435 on the deck for everyday cooking. I work a lot and have a 5 year old, so charcoal is reserved for weekends.

WSM 18" Classic bought new in the year 2008; Weber Performer Deluxe bought new in the year 2020; Weber Master Touch bought new for placement of my Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit in the year 2023 and my small Weber Smoky Joe. That Summit would be a great additionSear to my BBQ "Wants" but not my "needs".
What do you use the most Richard?
Ken; most used is My Weber Performer Deluxe(WPD) fitted with the SlowNSear Deluxe,Easy Spin Grate and their DripNGriddle pan which makes clean-up a breeze. Also plan to use my “Cajun Bandit Rotisserie Kit” more often. There are a “ton” of accessories for the Weber Performer Deluxe Grill and the other 22”Weber Kettles. If I were a first time buyer and Best-Bang -For-The-Buck for a Weber Kettle I would buy the “Weber Master Touch “ kettle which is shown below in the right-hand photo fitted with my “Cajun Bandit Rotisserie”. This kettle has the same dimensions as the kettle in the WPD minus the very handy metal table.

Attachments

• 7C2835AE-EDE7-455F-BA49-F91A140F3C54.jpeg
    7C2835AE-EDE7-455F-BA49-F91A140F3C54.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 9
  • 58D61B4E-3ABC-4B53-9DC5-43BD446286A4.jpeg
    58D61B4E-3ABC-4B53-9DC5-43BD446286A4.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Back