Summit silver cookbox rusting out

Mark Tobin

Hello All, I‘m pretty stoked to have just joined this forum!I love to grill and love my Weber grills. Unfortunately my flagship Summit silver (I believe its a 2005) needs a new cookbox and have looked around and I’m pretty sure it’s been discontinued.Was wondering if anyone has formed stainless sheet metal to repair the old steel porcelain parts?I have a lot of tools and a fair amount of skill.I’m fairly horrified at the prices of new Summit grills. Inflation is what it is. Anyways any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Welcome Mark, unfortunately you have discovered the Achilles heal of the Summit grill. There are some people on here that have succeeded in repairing their cookboxes. There are some Summit cookbox replacements available for some models. If you haven't already done so, I would contact Weber directly and ask about your particular grill.

IIRC if you're the original owner it has a 25 year warranty. But as I found out the Weber way is to tempt you with long warranty but fail to support the product for the life of the warranty

I think you have a Generation 2 grill and I do think the cook box is still available. However, it may not be worth the price. But, yah, call Weber, it is maybe still under warranty.

Thank you for your replies!I haven’t called Weber yet but will next week.I have heard that the warranty was lifetime but we all know it’s whose lifetime😂

Thank you for your replies!I haven’t called Weber yet but will next week.I have heard that the warranty was lifetime but we all know it’s whose lifetime😂
Actually memory serving me correctly Weber actually shortened the warranty on the Gen 2 Summits and beyond to 10 years

Back