Summit S-670 Frame replacement options?

RickS

Long story short, I found a pretty decent S-670 almost free online, got it home and the frame/cart is toast. Bottom panel is swiss cheese and the front left will not even hold a caster/insert its so bad. I was able to get it registered with Weber, and they actually replaced the burners, lid assembly, and cookbox under warranty. have taken the entire thing apart, and now I’m just trying to find a solution to hold this big mofo up safely without spending $150-$200 for each of the four frame panels. I have a perfectly good Genesis S-300 so I’m not looking to spend a grand on a bunch of new parts for something I have no “need” for. However, if I can find a cost-effective solution to make this work, I will absolutely sell my Genesis. I have even emailed the local FFA/metal fab shop teacher with no reply.
E643B4CF-EE7F-4FC7-85C7-1637EEA3725B.jpeg9303A6F7-EF30-4BD8-9A1B-E1776A0E3556.jpegAE1EC412-6E27-4969-9002-59AC2D97A108.jpegI

That is pretty bad for a texas grill. The local shop teacher is a great idea. It would be an awesome project for one of his students.
It is a shame they cheaped out on the frame of such a nice grill.

Make a replacement floor out of wood would be the easiest and cheapest. Buy a piece of sheet metal and a brake and bend a new one. Those are the only things that come to mind.

I had a similar issue and when I emailed weber I cried that these are $2k grills and I realize its not under warranty but its such a common problem, I was wondering if there was some sort of customer loyalty thing they'd be willing to do. They gave me 50% of the bottom panel I needed. Worth a shot. I had a bum leg too and a local welder fixed that up for me for cheap, just cut out the old tube and welded in a new piece of square tubing. I can't even tell and its held up great for a few years.

Watch and grease your lid pins each season, I'm learning that they get frozen up and can apply enough torque to crack either the lid or cookbox.

I had a similar issue and when I emailed weber I cried that these are $2k grills and I realize its not under warranty but its such a common problem, I was wondering if there was some sort of customer loyalty thing they'd be willing to do. They gave me 50% of the bottom panel I needed. Worth a shot. I had a bum leg too and a local welder fixed that up for me for cheap, just cut out the old tube and welded in a new piece of square tubing. I can't even tell and its held up great for a few years.

Watch and grease your lid pins each season, I'm learning that they get frozen up and can apply enough torque to crack either the lid or cookbox.

I was going to email them one more time, but the rep I was talking with was pretty adamant that they would not replace anything out of warranty. Yes, the pins do seize up, and getting the old ones out took me a good hour, a lot of PB blaster, a nail set plus a (small) sledgehammer.

I have actually decided I’m going to sell the grill because I don’t have the time to do this like I had hoped, and my Genesis more than meets my needs. If I have to, I’ll sell the parts individually, but I’d like to get rid of it all in one shot.

Personaly if you have the storage space i would keep the grill

If you are handy working with a welder and metal you can fabricate a whole new base for a couple of hundred dollars

I am restoring a s650 and priced everything out and it totals to around $206 Canadian dollars including paint

I think that works out to around $50 US dollars LOL ;)

Was just going to order the steel and checked kijiji one last time and found a 2008 serial code DZ s670 with a dented hood someone was selling for $100
Was buying it just for the doors but when i looked at it the entire base was pristine with no rust
Ends up the bbq was always stored inside a garage when not in use
So you can find units with a good base if you can bide your time and have a place to store it
If you still want to sell it and willing to part it out i sent you a pm about the knobs etc

Back