Summit Kamado - Talk me into/out of it

Were you really seriously considering dropping eight bills on that thing?
I mean… eight months old and $2150 new…

$800 doesn’t seem so bad.
The guy was asking $1000...that $800 potential offer might have been wishful thinking. Assume it went for the ask, unless you know otherwise.

Here's one from my catch and release folder. It's about the same price ($975).

I've seen a couple of others...an E6 still in the box for $600, and another E6 that went for $900. Like most things Weber, they don't stay up for sale long. I like to watch my local market and I save the ads, but some of the ads disappear after awhile.

I thought this EX6 was a good deal:

There’s a 9 month old, rarely used 24” Summit Kamado Grilling Center available.

It was listed at $1500 and already dropped down to $1000 in 2 days; I get the impression they’re trying to offload it asap.

I’d think about offering $800.

My dilemma is…I’ve never used a charcoal grill before. I’ve read so much here about the joys of charcoal, but also recently how die hard charcoal users can’t deny the performance and convenience of gas.
What makes the Kamado command such a high price?

Is there any reason I should part with $800 just to have the “best” of something I don’t really know anything about?
Or should I keep cooking on my gasser, blissfully ignorant of the world of charcoal?
OK - now that you've read all of these expert opinions... .what're you doing?? The suspense is killing us

Back