Summit Charcoal Grill Center table has light rust

MikeSid

TVWBB Member
My friend has a one of these he is selling and Im considering buying but the table has a light rust on it. Is there a way to clean this up and treat it so it doesnt come back? Other than that the grill is in great condition. He is asking $600.

yes, it appears to be stainless. I wasnt sure if there was a preferred method of keeping the rust from forming other than keeping it dry. Ive never owned one with this stainless feature and those newer gassers Ive seen locally with all the stainless seem to rust out fast here along the florida coast. Does the price seem ok?

great, thanks for the help! I'll post some pic later. I just bought several accessories for the kettle too but I think I'll keep it around anyway.

The FL salt air eats away at all grills over time from my own reading, over the years. I'd see if it clean up with the reccos above and then i'd add some car wax as a protectant on the SS surface to inhibit future rusting. and reapply the car wax after cleaning the SS with any cleanser as most cleansers will strip off car wax after cleaning.

So I have a summit charcoal grilling center. Last year I noticed that the SS top had a few small size rust spots. I used wiseman SS cleaner on it and the spots have gone away. I use it religiously now and it has not come back. 600 bucks is an excellent price for one of these. I’d buy it!

Ok, I got the grill and it has some rust around the front bottom of the frame. The grill was never registered and most of the serial number is not legible. I have had a difficult time finding any parts list or availability for this grill. The Weber website wasnt much help and cant get any real person. I would like to try to get some parts before I bust out the welder and make a new frame. Any tips on figuring this out?

Edit: I can make out about the 7 last numbers of the serial, but the first two letters are gone. Is there a lettering system Weber uses for the Summit Charcoal serial #? maybe I can figure it out if I had those letters...

My friend has a one of these he is selling and Im considering buying but the table has a light rust on it. Is there a way to clean this up and treat it so it doesnt come back? Other than that the grill is in great condition. He is asking $600.
Wish I had such a friend like-yours; Great Buy!

Edit: I can make out about the 7 last numbers of the serial, but the first two letters are gone. Is there a lettering system Weber uses for the Summit Charcoal serial #? maybe I can figure it out if I had those letters...
Maybe this will help. AR?

thanks for suggestion...I just tried registering with the AR on the website and it gave me a Spirit E-310 LP Blk, I tried with AH and it came back: Weber® Q 2000 Gas Grill (Liquid Propane)...lol...Im gonna have to get a live human over there at Weber.

I saw one recently on FB marketplace in South FL(see pic), is this the one? It was posted for only a day or two. To answer your question, I bought a cleaner product from Amazon with great results :Chemical Guys SPI_402_16, Heavy Metal Polish Restorer and Protectant, (Safe for Cars, Trucks, SUVs, RVs, Motorcycles, and More) 16 fl oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FALVXEQ/?tag=tvwb-20

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231125-074551.png
    Screenshot_20231125-074551.png
    354.2 KB · Views: 20

Back