Summit 450 Parts

Frank Seel

I am restoring my Weber Summit 450. One of the front locking casters needs repair and I'm having trouble locating a caster and sleeve.
In search of a set of knobs as well. Any suggestions?

I hope these help. Middle picture is right side caster, the others are the left side caster. It appears as though this insert is damaged. Not sure how to get out of the frame leg, or if there is a replacement insert.

Attachments

• IMG_4412[1].JPG
    IMG_4412[1].JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4411[1].JPG
    IMG_4411[1].JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4415[1].JPG
    IMG_4415[1].JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 6
Yes, based on the wide frame leg, it is a first generation Summit. It would be nice if you could redeem the inserts and just have to replace only the casters. But, I think with some searching you can find the inserts, too. Now, on some other parts on these wonderful old Summits, you have your work cut out for you. And, as has been mentioned on this board many times, look carefully at the front of your firebox - the part made out of porcelain plated steel where the burners go in. This is notorious for rusting around the burner openings and in time becoming a dangerous situation as fire can blow back out. No easy fix here. I am working toward getting my 450 disassembled and taking the part to some sheet metal shops to come up with potential solutions. I will definitely post a new thread if I can come up with something viable.

So, for all those that have been gracious to help, this is the 650. The four burner is disassembled, but same set up.

I noticed a orange gasket in the bottom portion of the cook box. Is it essential? Can I get by without it? never tried making a gasket, but willing to give it a try.....any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_4417[1].JPG
    IMG_4417[1].JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4416[1].JPG
    IMG_4416[1].JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 15
I hope these help. Middle picture is right side caster, the others are the left side caster. It appears as though this insert is damaged. Not sure how to get out of the frame leg, or if there is a replacement insert.
Hello Frank, I have a summit 450 with those inserts . What I did was:1} partially screw in a lag bolt in drain holes to side of where casters are inserted 2) grip under head of lag bolt with channel locks 3) tap channel locks with hammer in upward direction and insert will slowly come out without destroying main caster insert hole.

Frank,
You might gave to do some searching for the insert.
The Caster is still available. I got mine from ereplacement.com Weber part 97112

Screenshot_20210814-201004.png

Jeff

Back