Summer Sausage (delaying post)

Matthew

TVWBB Pro
My meat. 10 lbs each, I will mix in batches of 2.5 lbs and each baggie representing 5 lbs of meat, with a teaspoon of cure...

S3qGUl9.jpg

Here is the stuffed pic.. 2 sticks have added Hi Temp Cheese, Jalapeno and Habanerno.

ybKc1Q8.jpg

Looks great so far! Would you care to share your recipe? Two friends and I are making about 60 lbs. of venison into sausage in two weeks. I have enough summer sausage casings for about half of that, then the rest will become pepperoni or something.

Looks great so far! Would you care to share your recipe? Two friends and I are making about 60 lbs. of venison into sausage in two weeks. I have enough summer sausage casings for about half of that, then the rest will become pepperoni or something.

The jist?

Had 23 lbs of Deer/Pork mix from 2 ppl that cleaned out freezer from the Winter..

AC LEGG 114 Summer Sausage seasoning

Cure#1

One Beer per 1 tsp of Cure#1 102 grams seasoning MIXED and added to the meat Did 4 batches plus a half

Let sit over night and then stuffed..

2 links, I added Habanero and Jalapeno and added hi temp cheese

Smoking later today, ill post more pics

Stuffed

Well, you're set for a while Matthew. Looks amazing. The two sticks with HT Cheese, Jalapeno and Hab's sounds especially good. I really like that cheese. I still have some from an on line order. What type of casings did you use?

Well, you're set for a while Matthew. Looks amazing. The two sticks with HT Cheese, Jalapeno and Hab's sounds especially good. I really like that cheese. I still have some from an on line order. What type of casings did you use?
Thxs. Just a normal brown 2.5" x 17" casing. Whatever the local meat mkt used.

Just an update, Sausage is mostly, Cured, and tastes GREAT... I am going to leave it hang the next few days... let that nitrate to nitrite relationship, work itself out..

Hanging...

7Aogkik.jpg

Sliced...

Boomhauer Approved... Real Life Boomhauer...

MYT5PjN.jpg

WOW!!! That looks delicious. We need to try doing that one of these days. Thanks for sharing.

Any plans to throw a few slices on the grill, Matthew? Grilled (or even pan-seared) summer sausage makes a great sandwich!

Last edited:

Back