Success on the first try!!!!

Clark C

GOD I love this thing. Butt came out perfect, shreded it two forks, bone clean as a whistle, smoke flavor was perfect. I thought I was at my favorite BBQ place

As I write this the smoke is lingering as a hint of smokey flavor in my mouth. During Dinner my daughter ate three helpings with no sauce, and my wife told me no less than 5 times how great it was.

Okay, what should I smoke next?This is a BLAST

You can try ribs or ribs or ribs and you could for sure try some ribs!
icon_biggrin.gif

Congrats and welcome to the madness
wsmsmile8gm.gif

No Glen, I think he should do Ribs next time. Congrats on your 1st cook Clark. Just a warning though, the addition grows with every cook.

Congrats!

So how did the cook go? How long did it take? What temp did you take it off at? How long did you let it rest.

Contrary to what the others have recommended, I think you should do ... RIBS!

That's great Clark. Don't you love it when the family loves your hobby too? Congrats on a successful smoke.

Well, you're hooked...Most of us here can relate. Congrats on the first cook. It only gets better from here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TravisH:
Congrats!

So how did the cook go? How long did it take? What temp did you take it off at? How long did you let it rest.

Contrary to what the others have recommended, I think you should do ... RIBS! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, so next smoke should be chicken. Got it!!

Cook was for 12 hours took it off at 190. Hit a long plateau at about 180 thought it would never move. Amazing how fast it went from a solid brown chunk of meat to a hunk of meat ready to fall apart. I pulled it off, wrapped it in foil for about 30 minutes, then shredded it with a fork.

On a side note, what is the best way to keep the leftovers? Had a sandwich today but although good, not as great as last night. Thanks!

Best way to keep it ...

Frig - in bags or plasticware with a bit of liquid, broth, or apple juice. Good for a week.

Freezer - in freezer bags, preferrably vacuum sealed. Warm in boiling water. Good for a few months.

Back