substitute for egg as a binding agent (for burgers, etc)

For various health reasons, I'd like to find something (non-chemical) to use as a binding agent when prepping burgers, meatloaf, casseroles. Anyone got any ideas or tried & true recipes?

Hi Bob, I've checked quite a few recipes I have for meatloaf and they all say 1 or 2 eggs. IF you can have egg whites, I did read where you can whip them up and use them.

It 's been way too long since the last time I feasted on AB beef. I wouldn't care if the meatloaf or burger was falling apart. Sorry I don't have an answer but, I'll take a side of gravy with my fries.

I use powdered milk as a binder in my sausages, should work just fine for burgers. I have not used it in this manner, however, as I just press my burgers together with no binder of any kind.

R

Thanks Tim, I saw this yesterday and thought about posting the link. Especially #3 flour. lol

"Flour is one of the most popular binding ingredients that you can use instead of eggs. It is successful in binding meatloaf if you are adding enough flowers to your recipe. "

Gee, maybe some roses to blend in with the red meat? lol

Back