Storing pulled pork

Mark Dietrich

TVWBB Member
Don't have a foodsaver yet. It's on the list, but so is extra cash, and that hasn't materialized yet. If it's only a matter of days, can I throw it in a bag or a tupperware and freeze it by itself?

On the bright side, the neighbors love me right now.

Cheers,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark Dietrich:
Don't have a foodsaver yet. It's on the list, but so is extra cash, and that hasn't materialized yet. If it's only a matter of days, can I throw it in a bag or a tupperware and freeze it by itself?

On the bright side, the neighbors love me right now.

Cheers, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you can.

Chill quickly and pack tightly into the tupperware (air/space will promote freezer burn).

Mark,

Use the heavy Zip Lock freezer bags. Squeeze out as much air as you can. Should be good for a few months (if you can resist that long
icon_wink.gif
).

JimT

Originally posted by JimT:
Mark,

Use the heavy Zip Lock freezer bags. Squeeze out as much air as you can. Should be good for a few months (if you can resist that long
icon_wink.gif
).

Use a heavy Zip Lock freezer bag as Jim suggested but also use a straw to suck out as much of the air as you can. This method works great in a pinch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toby Keil:
Use a heavy Zip Lock freezer bag as Jim suggested but also use a straw to suck out as much of the air as you can. This method works great in a pinch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A buddy of mine did this the last time I made Pulled Pork. He was still eating it long after I would and he said it was fantastic. That said, I would use a straw.

Back