Store Bought Rub

I would even order some online, so those suggestions are welcome as well.

I want a good multipurpose rub that works for ribs, chicken, etc. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Mike, I like to use Earl Campbell's Rib Rub. Cabella's used to sell it but they discontinued it. You can use this web site to order. I like my pork a little sweet so I add a small package of cherry jello to the rub when i smoke ribs. It is also works well other meats.

Well Cecil, I know it's not popular to use store bought rubs here, but I like the grill mates brand. I love the pork rub on everything. Lately I have been using the new flavor they have called Cowboy, it's pretty good and not sweet. I like it on beef and chicken when I'm not in the mood for sweet. I am giving the applewood rub a try soon too. I get them at WalMart for $2 each. I think it's a deal. You won't be sorry with the pork rub.
icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by Bill Meredith:
I like the Grill Mates Applewood rub.

One of my favorites!

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions. Going to pick some up this week for a cook this weekend or next weekend. thanks to all of you I have quite a bit to pick from. Also plan to make a mediterranean rub as well.

Do you guys have or use a spice grinder? If so, what kind and where is a good place to pick one up?

Back