StokerX 0.8.0 available

BTW - I'd really appreciate it if some users could test the email notifications. I'm getting some weird results on my system and I want to know if it happens on other OS versions. Specifically, the emails seem to go out OK, but if I later quit Mail.app, it won't exit until it resends a bunch of "hidden" email messages. Very strange.

joe

Joe just wanted to say your the man and keep up the great work!!!!!

I love StokerX and am surprised it's not a sticky on this forum.

About to start my first overnight smoke with the Stoker and StokerX, wish me luck.

2 9.25lbs Boston Butts.

Joe,

I experienced the same thing with the e-mails. I found the hidden messages to be blanks.....almost like they are staged and ready to send, but no data in them.

Marshall

Hi,

I got the Big Green Eggs, I got the Mac (& iPad), the food... I just miss the Stoker
icon_biggrin.gif

I'm not seeing any fan activity show up nor am I seeing a graph of the blower. My current configuration is one pit probe, one fan, zero food temp probes.

I'm using Version 0.8.3 (121)

--greg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gregory Daigle:
I'm not seeing any fan activity show up nor am I seeing a graph of the blower. My current configuration is one pit probe, one fan, zero food temp probes.

I'm using Version 0.8.3 (121)

--greg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please use the Feedback command in the Help menu. That sends me some data I can use to try to track down your issue.

joe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D Arita:
I hate to ask,but what is StokerX? I'm new to the black box. thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A Stoker monitoring and control program for Mac OS X.

joe

Well, I upgraded my Stoker to enable WiFi and then downloaded StokerX on my Mac for the first time today. I did a test run and everything worked perfectly. Unfortunately I wasn't cooking anything but that will be fixed shortly. Joe, thanks for the amazing program!

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum here. Forgive me if this question has already been asked, its really for Joe Keenan and his StokerX log. Is it possible to compile the application for a 32 bit (i386) architecture so it would run on Intel based Macs? I can't use the 64 bit version on my machine.

Thank you,

Ryan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryan Morford:
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum here. Forgive me if this question has already been asked, its really for Joe Keenan and his StokerX log. Is it possible to compile the application for a 32 bit (i386) architecture so it would run on Intel based Macs? I can't use the 64 bit version on my machine.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm. I thought it was a Universal version. I'll check on that.

What version Mac OS X are you running?

joe

Oh, I see. I forgot that there's a difference in the 32 bit and 64 bit compilers. I wrote this for the 64 bit compiler, and never went back in and added all the extra variable definitions that the 32 bit compiler needs.

Grrr. That's going to be a lot of work to fix that.

joe

I just tried Stoker X this past weekend. Works awesome. I didn't figure out the trick about a master control until the cook was almost over. So I had Stoker X and Stoker log duking it out all night.

I will try the email and twitter stuff on my next cook.

William

The original MBP and iMacs that were intel are core duo and can't run 64 bit OS. They actually can't run Lion at all as it requires core 2 duo at a minimum.

Thanks Joe, you rock! The program works great on my mac. I hope it wasn't much trouble on your end to do this. Many thanks,

Ryan

Back