StokerX 0.8.0 available

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryan Morford:
Thanks Joe, you rock! The program works great on my mac. I hope it wasn't much trouble on your end to do this. Many thanks,

Ryan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Took less than an hour, and I used the update as an opportunity to update some of the third party frameworks I use. Just makes the code a little more messy, adding all the redundant definitions that the old compiler needs. No big deal.

joe

Joe,

Another successful smoke yesterday. With a little staging thought, you can get a lot of BBQ off of a Big Green Egg. I did 3 pork shoulders and 6 racks of ribs yesterday for my daughters High School graduation. Stoker worked great the whole time. One thing I didn't try was the e-mail notifications. Last time I tried it, there was a bug that opened a bunch of e-mails every-time StokerX sent an update. Has that been resolved? Keep up the great work. Works great!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Marshall:
Joe,

Another successful smoke yesterday. With a little staging thought, you can get a lot of BBQ off of a Big Green Egg. I did 3 pork shoulders and 6 racks of ribs yesterday for my daughters High School graduation. Stoker worked great the whole time. One thing I didn't try was the e-mail notifications. Last time I tried it, there was a bug that opened a bunch of e-mails every-time StokerX sent an update. Has that been resolved? Keep up the great work. Works great! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, that's a bug in the Scripting Bridge and to the best of my knowledge Apple has not fixed it yet. But I haven't actually tested it in quite a while either.

My next large group smoke won't be until August for my Dad's 80th Birthday party. I don't have a count on guests yet, but I figure I'll be doing 4-6 shoulders and then a bunch of chicken after I pull the pork.

joe

Joe - It appears that the 0.8.7 release requires OS X10.8, so it failed when I downloaded and tried to launch it. I stepped back to 0.8.4. Perhaps a warning note is in order?

Joe - It appears that the 0.8.7 release requires OS X10.8, so it failed when I downloaded and tried to launch it. I stepped back to 0.8.4. Perhaps a warning note is in order?

Current version is 0.9.3, and should work with anything back to 10.6.X. Lots of new features, and it's in final test for an official version 1.0 release. Get it at http://www.stokerx.com/

Back