Stokerlog Version 6

Hi. Guys. I like to finalize version 7.0 and release it so that everyone can use it. Any last minute comments, feedback, etc?

Originally posted by Amir:
Hi. Guys. I like to finalize version 7.0 and release it so that everyone can use it. Any last minute comments, feedback, etc?
How about having tweets obey the graph check box? IE if I am not graphing a probe don't tweet about it? I leave an "Ambient" temp probe connected to my stoker at all times. I do not graph it, but have it there so that I can look at it and see how the fire behaves in relation to ambient temperature. It would be nice to normally not tweet it, or tweet it only when I am graphing it.

Thanks, Pete

Hi Amir, is there a way to export the raw data for each probe so that it can be imported into something like excel? I.e. you could right click on the graph and "export raw data to clipboard" or something like that?

Yes. That was the first thing the program was written for: "logging the data" and hence the name stokerlog. If you use the latest version, a text file is created and place in My Documents folder called stokerlog.txt. The file has other data such as error messages and alarms so you would need to manually filter that. Look for a line starting with "TEMPS," From what I recall, the first number is the current fire probe, next is the target fire temp, and the rest are your probe temps.

Ok, let me look into that one too :). Making the change is not hard but testing is time consuming but I will see if it can be put in before I close the door.

Ramp Mode

How does Ramp Mode work? I thought that I set the values (Probe/Trigger Temp/New Fire Temp) and apply, then tick "Ramped Cook". I did this and the new fire temp was not engaged as defined. When I re-open "Ramp Temps..." those fields are empty again. I'm sure that I am missing something basic here. (Timed cooks have also not worked for me.)

It would be nice in the display to have permanent displays of timed and temp cook values, Maybe under the fan?

Thanks, Pete

How does Ramp Mode work? I thought that I set the values (Probe/Trigger Temp/New Fire Temp) and apply, then tick "Ramped Cook". I did this and the new fire temp was not engaged as defined. When I re-open "Ramp Temps..." those fields are empty again. I'm sure that I am missing something basic here. (Timed cooks have also not worked for me.)

It would be nice in the display to have permanent displays of timed and temp cook values, Maybe under the fan?

Thanks, Pete
There is a bug there where if you dismiss that dialog box with all the temps there, it will lose them and bad things will happen :). I will look to see if I can fix it. I don't think there is enough room on the UI to put them there as the blank space that you see there is reserved for having a lot of probes.

Dst

Am nearing the end of an overnight smoke. Last night, we set the clocks back. Stokerlog followed suit just fine.

When I looked this am it took me a moment to realize why the plot went backwards.

Check out the plot:

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l546/Chapin_Place/BGE/Stoker%20Integration/DST.png
http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l546/Chapin_Place/BGE/Stoker%20Integration/DST2.jpg

(Side Question, why does a plot that is over 24hrs long indicate that it has logged 17:47? I did start stoker log hours befor the stoker, I am guessing it does not log if the stoker is off.)

Pete

Last edited:
Hi Peter. Congrats for being the first to test what happens when you turn the time back! :)

On stokerlog, it only counts after you hit the start button. So having it sit there does not contribute to log time.

Back