Stokerlog Version 6

Got my Stoker today, upgraded to the latest firmware and installed stokerlog V6.6.
Using my main account I can start up stokerlog but when I want to update data from the stoker I get the message: access to stokerlog.txt is refused.

Is this still UAC related? I have administrator rights.

[Edit] I shut off the UAC and now Stokerlog is running. I have only a temp probe attached. The stoker is showing the correct temp in Celcius as 26 C but Stokerlog is alternating 26 and 264 degrees. Any idea why?

Any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Lennart

I don't think any of us have ever tested it in Celsius! Can you please change it to F first and see if that works?

Amir,

Will do. The stoker has no problem with celcius and it is showing the correct C-temp in the web interface. I asume that Stokerlog just gets the value from the Stoker interface and wouldn't even know if it is C or F or am I wrong?

I changed the Stoker to F and checked stokerlog again. Could it be a decimal issue? When the Stoker web interface is showing 119.4, Stokerlog is logging 1194 F.
I also tried a different temp probe and another input but I get the same result.

Update: Eureka! I knew it was a decimal issue. European PC's usually have a ,komma as decimal and not a dot. I changed my PC settings to .decimal and now stokerlog is logging as it should. Don't know how this will affect other programs like MS Excel however. Perhaps dealing with komma decimal separation is something for a new release?

Lennart

Yes, someone else hit on that localization issue earlier.

What should the solution be? Show the right value with decimal point or obey the local convention and use comma?

When I wrote the program I did not consider localization issues
icon_smile.gif

I would say just show the right value with decimal point without the need of changing regional PC settings.

Lennart

Has anyone ever found an answer as to why the e-mail feature doesn't work on some computers?

I am using a gmail account as always. I upgraded to v6.6 and lost the ability to e-mail, I had it before on earlier versions.

Thanks in advance, sorry if I missed the answer somewhere in the posts.

Kevin

Unfortunately not. There has not been the right clues for me to figure it out. I did fix one corner issue which I have not yet posted but I doubt that is the reason.

I am using a standard function to send the email so there is little diagnostic at my end to figure out what is going on. And of course, it always works for me.

I spent some time this weekend on this issue on my Stoker. I futzed with it for a couple hours, being totally unable to get a test message to send at all. For some reason, I accidentally closed StokerLog. After I restarted it, it worked! Odd, I know, but I won't argue with the sudden success.

Amir,

This is what it is giving me for an error:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.FormatException: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.
at System.Net.Mime.MailBnfHelper.ReadMailAddress(String data, Int32& offset, String& displayName)
at System.Net.Mail.MailAddress.ParseValue(String address)
at System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address, String displayName, Encoding displayNameEncoding)
at System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address, String displayName)
at StokerLog.Mail.SendMail(String mymessage, String subject, String file) in C:\Documents and Settings\Amir\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\stoker\Stoker\Stoker\Mail.vb:line 54
at StokerLog.MailParams.TestMail_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Documents and Settings\Amir\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\stoker\Stoker\Stoker\MailParams.vb:line 12
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
StokerLog
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/StokerLog.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
ZedGraph
Assembly Version: 5.0.7.40149
Win32 Version: 5.0.7.40149
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/ZedGraph.DLL
AxInterop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/AxInterop.WMPLib.DLL
Interop.WMPLib
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/AmirM%20Software/StokerLog/Interop.WMPLib.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks Kevin. This is a bug that (I think) I have fixed. It simply means you entered the wrong email address. See my previous post on what you should put in every field.

Unfortunately this will not fix the reliability issues.

Amir,

Sorry, I must be an idiot as I searched for your last post which clarified the field values and did not find it.

Would it be possible to repost that? I use gmail so I kept the initial values that were with the original program.

Thanks

Amir,

Thank you for the reference post. THIS WOULD BE A GOOD POST TO STICKY!!

Ok; first, the reference was what I was looking for. Mark had the same problem I was having. Unfortunately, he didn't get his problem solved
icon_confused.gif

Secondly, I was able to make my version to work; however, there is one exception in my case. In your response you mentioned "From: this shows up as the name of the "person" sending the email. It can be anything you set it to." This is correct (of course); however, I took this to mean that I could put my name (ie. Kevin) into this field and it would work. Once I put my e-mail address into this field instead of my "name" it worked.

Sorry for all the trouble Amir, I searched the forums for your name and the text "field". Guess what word wasn't in the post
icon_smile.gif

Thanks again for all the help on the forum and the program, it's great and now working again on my end, yeah.

Kevin

Amir,

I am trying to download StokerLog onto my new computer but I get:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Can you help me out?

Chuck

I can if you post the entire message as others have done above. And a bit more explanation on what you were doing when that exception occurred.

You mean having the X axis on top rather than bottom? If so, I think it is easy to do but need to know that everyone wants it that way.

Amir,

What's the latest Firmware version that is known to work with StokerLog? I checked kaytat.com and it looks like there are many updates. However, I don't want to upgrade the firmware and blow up StokerLog.

-rob

Firmware Versions

Back