StokerLog Version 5 Preview

Thanks Buster. Yes by all means, contribute to the thread. That is how Version 5 came about. I think for the last three versions, I have been out of wish lists for myself
icon_smile.gif

Have a great weekend with the family Amir!!

Hopefully I will get a chance to fire up a couple smokers at the same time and try out the dual blower features in the next day or two.

Now that Bill has retired and has some free time, maybe you can convince him to get some new cooking toys so he can play around with your stokerloger like the rest of us!!
icon_smile.gif

I'm still having problems with email with Stokerlog. I have it setup with gmail, sent a test message and it was delivered. Enabled email logging and it's not sending, I don't get it. Any suggestions?

At the risk of stating the obvious
icon_smile.gif
, have you checked the box on the UI that tells it to send the messages? Configuring it alone does not do that.

Amir,

One enhancement that I think would be great is a way to store snapshots of the graph during the cook. Right now, you can setup the graph to be emailed to your email address. Why not offer the option to save the a snapshot to a custom directory. That way you can go back and study them easily rather than fumble thru emails?

I had not checked the "enable email logging" box on the front panel after setting up the email options page for my last cook.

Oops - Operator error
icon_rolleyes.gif
Some beer was involved...

Just played around with the "simulated cook" option and both the fixed interval status updates and the alarms are working fine for my gmail to Verizon vtext.com cell phone alerts!!

Originally posted by Buster Davis:
Amir,

One enhancement that I think would be great is a way to store snapshots of the graph during the cook. Right now, you can setup the graph to be emailed to your email address. Why not offer the option to save the a snapshot to a custom directory. That way you can go back and study them easily rather than fumble thru emails?
I don't how useful it is to save the snapshots. But saving the entire graph after the cook and loading it back up may be useful. That way, you can zoom in, save the image, etc. But when I asked if anyone would have any use for it last time, no one chimed in so it didn't get in
icon_smile.gif

Hi All,

I'm having problems and was hoping to get some help. I'm running version 53 and can only get temp data logging in the HTTP mode. The fan data works fine, but the temps don't register changes. It updates when I press F5, but otherwise just continues logging the temp from the first startup of the program. It's on a netgear router (hardwired). All the computers are on the wireless side though.

I can hit it with firefox and get the HTTP server in the unit no problem, but I would like the datalogging without the stoker alarms.

TIA,

Roger

Looks like telnet port is being blocked by something. It could be your anti-virus program or the router.

Originally posted by Amir:
Looks like telnet port is being blocked by something. It could be your anti-virus program or the router.

Thanks Amir,

Nice program by the way. I'll try shutting down the McAfee when I get home. I tried forwarding port 23 in the router to the IP of the stoker, but I don't think that will help me on the local network. Just grasping at straws.

I am also running zonealarm, but I green lighted the stoker IP in the program.

Roger

I tried connecting without zonealarm: no difference.

I could not exit McAfee I guess there is not way to disable it without uninstalling it.

I was able to use hyperterminal to get into the stoker. I was able to log data and it showed changes in temp. I have a nice graph in excel.

I'm not really where to go next. Looks like I just use it in HTTP mode. As long as I don't use alarms, I should be OK.

I tried it on 2 different computers. It does the same thing on both computers.

Anybody else have a similar problem?

Thanks in advance,

Roger

I Just noticed something while looking at the data collected with hyper terminal. There are 2 temperatures sent for each record. The one which is at column #10 is constant and looks like the data that is being picked by stokerlog. The data at column #16 is the data which matches the probe temperature reading.

Is it possible that stokerlog is picking up the thermocouple compensation temperature at column #10?

Maybe the firmware was changed.

Roger

Originally posted by R Addy:
I Just noticed something while looking at the data collected with hyper terminal. There are 2 temperatures sent for each record. The one which is at column #10 is constant and looks like the data that is being picked by stokerlog. The data at column #16 is the data which matches the probe temperature reading.

Is it possible that stokerlog is picking up the thermocouple compensation temperature at column #10?

Maybe the firmware was changed.

Roger

It looks as though you might have a new revision to the firmware. There is another post about a similar problem, check your firware revision then read the other post. Amir is working on it.

Originally posted by LarryR:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">At the risk of stating the obvious Smiler, have you checked the box on the UI that tells it to send the messages? Configuring it alone does not do that.

Yep, it's "checked." -
Enabled email logging and it's not sending,
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Larry, did you get this working? I set mine up last night, got the test message, got 1 message with temp, and then nothing. I've tried several things and can't get any e-mails sent any more.

The good thing is, the stoker has been rock solid all night long and into the morning. Just wish I could get the e-mail to work like it did in past cooks.

Pat, never got it working; ended-up loading Ken's Stoker Timer program when I need email updates. What's odd is I'm using the exact same email settings in Stokerlog as I am in Stoker Timer but for the life of me I cannot get it to work.

Stoker connect loss...Stoker connection loss...

I seem to get a fair amount of these. I wonder if it's because I have a long ethernet cable????

See my message re: email above: OK This is odd, I fired up Stokerlog this morning for a brisket cook, went into email, sent a test email and it came through no problem. Checked "Enable Email Logging" received an email at the set interval. Cool, it's working again. Well, Stokerlog is saying it's sent 10 emails so far and I've only received three of them in my Inbox. Check my spam/junk folder and nothing, any ideas? Weird.

Originally posted by Alan D:
Stoker connect loss...Stoker connection loss...

I seem to get a fair amount of these. I wonder if it's because I have a long ethernet cable????
Ooops, take that back...I found the problem, one of my son's computers had the same IP, so my problems are not in stokerlog, that's my local network issue.

Glad to find that though...I was talking to my son about it and he mentioned that he was seeing some connection problems on his laptop...duh...

Alan, you've probably already figured this out but I'd recommend setting-up a static IP. So how are you enjoying your Stoker?

Back