StokerLog: Temp Panel help

Eric Simon

TVWBB Fan
Greetings! I am using StokerLog 6.

For the probe listings in the upper left, the top one says "Control" in bold. Then under probe it says "No Control" and so under Temps/Current it say "N/A". When I show the Temp Panel, it shows "000.0" in orange.

My probes are there, in yellow:
Monitor smoker 217.8

How can I get the smoker probe to show up in the Temp Panel? I'm not sure why the Temp Panel always has 000.0.
Thanks!

Great program, I really appreciate it!

"Control" refers to the probe you have associated with the blower - that is, the probe that will be measuring the cooking temperature. From the Stokerlog help file: Probe Display On the left hand side, StokerLog shows the probe that is controlling the blower on stoker on the first row. If there is no blower assigned to any probes, this row will remain blank and no data will be plotted for the fire in the chart. When you go through the Stoker setup, you have to tell the controller which probe should be used to control the blower. If you haven't done that, then Stokerlog doesn't know which probe is the "control". So when you're setting up the target temp, alarm type, etc. for the probe, you also have the option of choosing a blower. If you have done that, then Stokerlog should recognize which probe is the "control" probe.

Thanks, Larry.
I identified the problem: I associated the blower with the smoker probe *after* I had started StokerLog. I quite StokerLog and restarted it, and then the Temp Panel worked.

In the future, you can hit F5 or select Refresh and stokerlog should fetch the new configuration without having to restart it.

Back