Stokerlog Temp Change/Blower Issue...

D Arita

TVWBB Fan
I noticed that my blower kept disassociating with the sensor at various points in the cook. I just figured out that whenever I change Set Temps using Stokerlog, the Blower becomes unpaired with the Sensor. Is there something I'm doing wrong when I change the temp? Here's what I do...
I change the set temp, click on "Sensor 1", then click on "Update Stoker".
The set temp changes, but seconds later, the Blower loses the * beside it. What's wrong here?

I normally just click in the field for the target temp and make the change. Then I hit "tab" to move out of the field. This activates the "Update Stoker" button so then I click that. I haven't had any problems with losing the association between the pit probe and the fan.

One more thing I forgot...
When I change the Target Temp on the Stoker itself, the new Target Temp does not show up on Stokerlog. How do I get it to show?

I had the same problem last sunday. everytime I changed temp settings or opened the lid the blower had to be assigned. This was the first time that has happened to me before or after the wifi update.So not sure what could have changed to cause this problem. I do change target temps by highlighting field i want to change then than tabbing until update stoker turns red than click that. i also tried F5 after changing temps and got the same results.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ryan N.:
I had the same problem last sunday. everytime I changed temp settings or opened the lid the blower had to be assigned. This was the first time that has happened to me before or after the wifi update.So not sure what could have changed to cause this problem. I do change target temps by highlighting field i want to change then than tabbing until update stoker turns red than click that. i also tried F5 after changing temps and got the same results. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good to know I'm not the only one. Hopefully, Amir will see this and give us an answer. Hope so.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by D Arita:
One more thing I forgot...
When I change the Target Temp on the Stoker itself, the new Target Temp does not show up on Stokerlog. How do I get it to show? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just hit F5 on the computer for StokerLog to read from the Stoker again to refresh.

These are the only reports I have seen of this problem. Can you tell me which model and revision of the stoker firmware you have?

As others have mentioned, the update does require hitting F5 or Refresh in the menu. So that part is "by design."
icon_smile.gif

Amir,
I have the black box with version 2.7.0.270. I installed it in the first week wifi came out. As far as Stokerlog, I have V6.6 installed. Hope this helps as I really want to be able to control the Stoker set temps via Stokerlog.
Thanks for the help

Amir,
I downloaded, but had a problem downloading. Now, when I try to use Stokerlog to connect to Stoker, I get a red X box saying Unhandled exception has occurred your application. Details reads...When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
What should I do?

I'm having this problem as well. I've also mentioned it in amir's thread.

Any time I make a change, the blowers are disassociated with their probes. I enter the new temp, press tab, then press update stoker, and no worky... When two blowers are connected, one goes dead and the other gets tagged to the wrong pit.

I am running SL6.7 and the blackbox with the new wifi firmware.

Yep, saw this this weekend as well. ;-) I kept the status web page opened to correct it each time I updated.

Stokerlog 6.7, wifi version 2.7.0.270

Back