Stoker setup for Iphone use

Mark Erskine

TVWBB Member
I've been reading a lot of these posts in preparation for receiving my Stoker. (Can't wait). But while I must wait, I want to do some reading.

I haven't found a sticky on this forum (yet) on a step by step. I'm fairly computer savvy. I am contemplating ordering a Linksys bridge to hook up to my existing home wireless network (since I have a Linksys wireless router). I did see a poster report success with the D-Link pocket router set to client mode. Do I need to worry about this D-Link pocket router being fully compatiable with my Linksys router, or should I stick with Linksys Bridge?

Seems like I'll need to do some port forwarding to get the stoker web access to the outside world, and I'm comfortable with that... I know where the port settings are on my main router. Can someone point me to some additional reading?

Thanks in advance. This forum is fab!

I'm not a networking giant, but it seems that as long as it's a wireless ethernet bridge, you're ok. For my setup, I just went to BestBuy and picked up the cheapest wireless bridge they had in-stock. It was nothing to set up... even for me!

Good luck!
Dave

Any bridge should work. I bought a used Linksys bridge on eBay for about $30 with shipping, might want to look there.

Yes, if you're wanting to reach you're Stoker from outside your network port forwarding is what you'll want to configure. If you're fairly computer savvy you shouldn't have any issues configuring her.

BTW, you'll love your new toy, I mean BBQ tool.

Back